All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Problems with MAME on gameex arcade edition

donkbaca

Hey all,

So two issues:

1: when I launch a game Out of gameex, it minimizes and I get a dos dialogue box, so then I have to click back on the minimized gameex box to play the game

2: when I hit my back button to exit the game, I exit out of gameex completely.

this didn’t happen when I used regular gameex. I am sure it’s an easy fix one of you smart people can help with. Oh and I am running windows 10 if that matters

When reporting an issue, please attach copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files in reply to this thread. Just locate the files in File Explorer and drag & drop!  Do not copy & paste!

Also, you need to answer a few questions:

- What version of MAME are you using?

- Are all of your ROMs the same version as the version of MAME you are running?

Likely there will be more questions along the way from me and others.

Attach the support files please. I am not going to try to try to review this after explicitly asking you not to copy and paste the contents into your reply! It is drag & drop in the forums! 

I looked at the log file and did not see anything that could give a clue about what was happening. Can you generate the error again and attach a new log.txt file immediately following the error?

And I don’t seem to be having the issue with my old original gameex, just the new install of gameex ae

again the two issues are:

1) the dialogue box that pops up and minimizes the MAME window

2) when I exit out of the game, it exits completely out of gameex

thanks for your help! I’d really like to run the arcade edition I love the way it looks 

• 1 month later...

Ok, so found an old 3ghz i3 and I here is the issue I am continuing to have:

if i install gameex 32bit, it works great and the plugins work fine, but when I go to run a game it minuses and I get the dialogue box. I am guessing it’s because I am running windows 10 64 bit and it doesn’t like the front end being 32 bit. When I switch to the 64 bit install, I can’t get led blinky or the lcd plugin to work, but the front end transitions to MAME without the dialogue box.

however, the problem I am having now is that my button mapping is getting screwed up, and when I trigger my insert coin button, it’s mapping to exit.  

Ill post logs and such tomorrow, my question is, does the 64 bit version work? And does it work with LEDs? I am just pulling my hair out over this

The 64 bit version works fine but some plugins do not work with it no. Don't know about Led Blinky. That is pretty well maintained so maybe contact the author?

What exactly does the dialog box show?  Im not sure what the issue is you are having. The 32 bit version should work fine.

As for controls, understand that GameEx has different controls than MAME but also has an exit game mapping.

With LEDBlinky would probably recommend using 32-bit.

If GameEx Arcade Edition Edition 32-bit is not working with Windows 10 64-bit, then there is something else going on. I run it just fine on my rig.

okay,

reinstalled with the new version, same issue.  I am running windows 10 64 bit.  installed 32bit gameex arcade.  When I run a game, the window minimizes and I get the attached pop-up window.  If I click on the minimized window, it all operates fine.  When I exit out of the game, it exits completely out of gameex back to the OS.  Please help me fix this! I really want to run gameex arcade as my front end

Annotation 2019-09-15 193603.png

GameEx.ini log.txt