All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Arcade 1Up News - Atari Star Wars Aracde Available for Pre-Order!

Draco1962

• 3 weeks later...

Some news complements of JDF:

Small Update on the Star wars cab Yoke

renderTimingPixel.png

Seems A1U and Alan-1 have come to an agreement where A1U is ordering a Qty of the Alan-1 yokes for a few Star Wars cabs that will be used for promotions etc.

Bad news is they are too expensive to use on the production models so the production model will be using a plastic Yoke - BUt the Good news is that Alan-1 is going to be making an upgrade kit for the A1U units when they release and as a result has ordered a large Qty of the Yokes and as a result has been able to lower the price of their product from $499 to $349 - so for those wanting a high quality yoke for their A1U or any other Build this has made for a nice price reduction.

A couple links to articles :

From the Alan-1 site ( https://alan-1.com/product/alan-1-star-wars-flight-yoke/ )

June 25, 2019

In preparation for increased demand of our Star Wars flight yoke, we have placed a 2nd high quantity order from our factory. Because of the higher quantity purchased, the price per yoke has been significantly reduced. We are passing these savings onto you with reduced purchase price–while supplies last.

ANd from KLOV ( https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=415071&page=42&highlight=alan )

I'm happy to report some really great news concerning Arcade1Up and Alan-1 yokes. I had a conversation with the president of the company and their lead designer. They would like to order a large number of yokes to put on some of their machines that they will be giving away through some promotions. Details haven't been inked yet, but we're working on it.

He made it clear that it was cost prohibitive to use our yoke on all of their mass produced machines. They will be using a lessor quality plastic yoke designed for that market. But they like our yoke so much that they want to offer it on some of their machines.

The result of all of this is that we've made the decision to do another large run of yokes. Because of this, we've been able to get our cost down dramatically and are happy to announce that we can now offer these for $349.99.

Our plan is to create an upgrade kit for the Arcade1Up cabinet so all users can upgrade their cabinets if desired.

This is actually a really great thing for the community, IMO, because it first introduces these amazing games to an entirely new generation, and secondly, allows us to produce so many more of these and that increased quantity lowers everyone's cost.

I never thought I'd say this, but hurray for Arcade1up. :-)

Speaking from personal experience, there is virtually no slop in my restored yoke, but it came at a price for the parts.

These ALAN-1 yokes seem to be about perfect in every way, well except maybe for the decal.  $349 is a chunk of change though, especially when you throw in the  USB adapter for use with MAME.  Still it is considerably less than what it took to get mine back into working order, and the precision is said to be superior to anything available, which includes the infamous RAM reproduction.

This group really seems to have it together with big plans moving forward, but as always is the case with high profile names, where these go is hard to say.  If you want one I wouldn't wait around!

• Draco1962 changed the title to Arcade 1Up News - Atari Star Wars Aracde Available for Pre-Order!