All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Pinball FX3 shuts down when process to monitor is entered

Robert.jolly

Hi Everyone, struggling with pinballx running FX3, when process to monitor has “pinball fx3.exe” entered it shuts down after the duration of time selected. If nothing entered runs fine but when exiting FX3 pinballx screen just shows loading, so have to exit that and restart  

This issue doesn’t occur when running FX2. 

Any help would be great.

exit command button is alt+f4

14 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Why exit with alt-f4 and not the pinballx inbuild exit function ?

How do you use the exit mode in pinballx, not been able to find.

sorry not that good with this typ

1 hour ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

If you use a keyboard : (you can set it as you want, but this is default)

image.png.c5b9021fab500b4b9c238e066fd79629.png

or when using other input system :

image.png.e8f8988f7d046d5995d5790443c4f8b6.png

I found this to work on pinballx, but when you load a pinball fx2 table and play, tried again but won’t shut down back to pinballx, that’s why I’m using alt+f4 to quit fx2 and return to pinballx. 

Cheers

9 minutes ago, Robert.jolly said:

when you load a pinball fx2 table and play, tried again but won’t shut down back to pinballx, that’s why I’m using alt+f4 to quit fx2 and return to pinballx

Are you running PinballX as administrator? Right click pinballx.exe, Properties -> Compatibility -> Run as administrator check box

If that's already set try installing pinballx 32bit (same installer just don't select 64bit during install)

also why are you launching pinball fx3.exe the applaunch commands are for steam.exe, it's better to link to steam.exe in combination with applaunch. Process to monitor should still be pinball fx3 but executeable and working path should be steam.exe and steam.exe location. Steam.exe will launch pinball fx3 with the -applaunch command unless there exist some special version without steam

To be honnest @joyrider3774, I switch from steam.exe to the pinballfx3.ece too. The startup time of the table reduced with 3 seconds (and load a table in a couple of seconds now).

It also doesn't do a online check on steam.

@Robert.jolly if you launch "pinball fx3.exe" it will monitor that process by default. This is when you lanch another program like steam.exe or batch or own exe file to launch that kickoff yhe pinball fx3.exe

If fx2 not closing on exe, I think you need to check @scutters suggestion. I also think that pbx is not running as Admin.

I turned off UAC on my cab, so you never get that irritating popup when you want to run a program as admin.

On 7/3/2019 at 6:11 AM, Mike_da_Spike said:

To be honnest @joyrider3774, I switch from steam.exe to the pinballfx3.ece too. The startup time of the table reduced with 3 seconds (and load a table in a couple of seconds now).

It also doesn't do a online check on steam.

@Robert.jolly if you launch "pinball fx3.exe" it will monitor that process by default. This is when you lanch another program like steam.exe or batch or own exe file to launch that kickoff yhe pinball fx3.exe

If fx2 not closing on exe, I think you need to check @scutters suggestion. I also think that pbx is not running as Admin.

I turned off UAC on my cab, so you never get that irritating popup when you want to run a program as admin.

I’ve tried everything suggested. 

Unfortunately I purchased this pinball machine online and the pinball fx3 and FX2 are not steam versions, so no steam.exe to select. 

Games run fine if I leave process to monitor blank, I just have no way of exiting pinball FX3 back to pinballx unless I use alt+f4 but pinball x screen shows loading. 

If process to monitor is on game closes after the 20 seconds. 

Pinballx won’t close FX3 with any other command. 

Cheers

Rob

Also, in settings.exe go to Joystick Input Settings, try setting Exit Emulator to the same button as Quit (or keyboard input settings if you're using keyboard), whatever button/key you're using. It's not mapped the same now so you might be pressing to Quit pinballx rather than exit emulator.

Should probably have suggested that earlier...

Hi All, and thank you for all the help and input.

Finally got it working, made a copy of Pinball FX3.exe set one to executable and the other to process to monitor, pinballX running as administrator and now it runs fine and exits on command. 

Now the fun part to get all the images and table videos working, luckily pinballX has a library to make life easy.

Cheers

Rob 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robert.jolly said:

Hi All, and thank you for all the help and input.

Finally got it working, made a copy of Pinball FX3.exe set one to executable and the other to process to monitor, pinballX running as administrator and now it runs fine and exits on command. 

Now the fun part to get all the images and table videos working, luckily pinballX has a library to make life easy.

Cheers

Rob 

Check (my) ftp. Multiple isers posted there. Xml, Wheels, back videos and playfield videos. I have also created real dmd videos.

Use also doflinx so you have backgrounds (and eventually got your toys to work)