All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Rotating playfield videos using VLC?

erikfed

A few of the videos I've downloaded from the FTP site are facing the wrong way for my setup.  I've found instructions on how to rotate and save them using VLC.  However I must not be using the right output format.  I've tried the h.264 & .265 mp4 options they give you, but Game Manager doesn't see they they exist once I navigate them.  Can anyone give me some instruction?  Thanks in advance?

I moved your thread from the Media Projects subforum to General where reporting issues like this actually belong.

Please attach (no copy and paste) copies of your log.txt and pinballx.ini files in reply to this thread so we can review and advise accordingly.

I normally use ffmpeg to create/change videos. I use h264 mp4.

Check these batchfiles from terryred to rotate videos

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/terryreds-ffmpeg-video-converter-scripts/

Btw. Background and playfield video can be created easily by gamemanager.exe. so you got videos from your own system

I have downloaded ffmpeg and placed the exe in the PinballX folder.  I click the create videos button, it launches the table and the voice says it's creating videos and it may take several minutes.  After a couple minutes the table closes and I am back at Game Manager.  The table still has no videos assigned to it and I can't find any new files created anywhere?

Ok, I figured out a few things.  I wasn't checking in the PinballX media folder.  The files are being saved there.  The Game Manager still shows them as missing even though they do display once the front end is launched., that threw me.  The one table I tested on last night doesn't have a functioning backglass so it just recorded black.  After further testing today I have realized that the playfield recording is just the backglass recording upside down.  So when I went to view the one table I tested last night in the front end it displayed the black backglass recording on the backglass and the playfield leading me to believe it didn't record anything.  So long story short the recording is working, except the playfield video is recording the backglass upside down.  Any thoughts?  Thanks and Happy 4th tomorrow!

Probably going to need your log and ini files as Mike requested, also probably the database xml file and a screenshot example of the file names created too (as they should not show as missing in game manger).

Make sure you have installed the LAV filters from pinballx homepage, https://www.pinballx.com/,  try & record again for a table with a backglass and then report back with the above..

You runa pretty old version of pbx (3.28) . Please upgrade

If you use 4k playfield,y ou can setup also your nvidia driver (with pbx) to captures videos, but a big bug in nvidia driver is that portrait screens (like pinball arcade, are wring setup of fx3) are captured wrongly.

Log file seems to show the issue (recording backglass as playfield video), two blocks highlighted match;

17:35:17.1  7/3/2019:  FFMPEG.exe -f gdigrab -framerate 30 -offset_x 3840 -offset_y 1083 -video_size 1920x1080 -t 00:00:45 -i desktop -c:v libx264 -crf 0 -preset ultrafast "c:\users\virtual pinball\appdata\local\temp\tmp74e6.mp4"
17:36:02.2  7/3/2019:  FFMPEG.exe -i "c:\users\virtual pinball\appdata\local\temp\tmp74e6.mp4" -vf "vflip,hflip" -c:v libx264 -an -crf 20 -preset slower -pix_fmt yuv420p -f mp4 "C:\Pinball\PinballX\MEDIA\Visual Pinball\Table Videos\Gork 1.0.3.mp4"
17:36:25.1  7/3/2019:  Capture Playfield video success
17:36:25.1  7/3/2019:  FFMPEG.exe -f gdigrab -framerate 30 -offset_x 3840 -offset_y 1083 -video_size 1920x1080 -t 00:00:45 -i desktop -c:v libx264 -crf 0 -preset ultrafast "c:\users\virtual pinball\appdata\local\temp\tmp7eb5.mp4"
17:37:10.3  7/3/2019:  FFMPEG.exe -i "c:\users\virtual pinball\appdata\local\temp\tmp7eb5.mp4" -c:v libx264 -an -crf 20 -preset slower -pix_fmt yuv420p -f mp4 "C:\Pinball\PinballX\MEDIA\Visual Pinball\Backglass Videos\Gork 1.0.3.mp4"
17:37:32.2  7/3/2019:  Capture Backglass video success
17:37:32.2  7/3/2019:  FFMPEG.exe -f gdigrab -framerate 30 -offset_x 5760 -offset_y 1560 -video_size 1024x600 -t 00:00:45 -i desktop -c:v libx264 -crf 0 -preset ultrafast "c:\users\virtual pinball\appdata\local\temp\tmp84cc.mp4"
17:38:17.3  7/3/2019:  FFMPEG.exe -i "c:\users\virtual pinball\appdata\local\temp\tmp84cc.mp4" -c:v libx264 -an -crf 20 -preset slower -pix_fmt yuv420p -f mp4 "C:\Pinball\PinballX\MEDIA\Visual Pinball\DMD Videos\Gork 1.0.3.mp4"
17:38:21.1  7/3/2019:  Capture DMD video success

I'm not sure why game manager isn't getting the correct playfield screen offsets, i use pbx recorder to capture videos so i'm guessing here, but in settings.exe go to the display section and try changing the Full Screen Windowed value.

Also update pinballx to latest version as Mike suggests. If that doesn't fix it post another copy of the log file after recording videos again.

4 hours ago, scutters said:

Log file seems to show the issue (recording backglass as playfield video), two blocks highlighted match;

good catch. Didn't notify it. Thats why the pinballx.ini would be handy :cheers: