All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

how to get gameex evolution to see added roms

Tonycubed2

Hi,

I started with about 2000 zipped rom files, added today about 6000 more.  But my game count in gaemeex evolution is the same!!  What am i doing wrong?

I tried moving the files in E:\GameEx Evolution\UserData\Cache\Data  and the program recreated them, but count is the same.  

I tried in setup wizard to audit roms, no difference.

Any help appreciated.

I included a copy of log files.

Edit: I  have found that if I uninstall gameex and delete all its folders, and reinstall, that it sees the new roms. But that is not efficient, obviously. Hoping for a better way?

edit: I meant to post this in GameEx Evolution / General  if someone can move it? 

Tonycubed2

[SETUPWIZARD].log [GAMEEX_EVOLUTION].log

I primarily support GameEx, AE, and PinballX, so won't be of much help to you here.

I am sure that there is a way to update things that I'm not aware of and someone will assist with an answer.

On 6/29/2019 at 7:55 PM, Tonycubed2 said:

It’s curious. GameEx has the update option, but not evolution.

The two front ends may look similar in some respects, but they are entirely different beasts.

I tried in setup wizard to audit roms, no difference. 

What exactly did it do?  I can't honestly say I've ever had a need to update the set in EVO, so I don't have any experience with this feature.