All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Ver. 3.47 seems to be wiping out Visual Pinball key mapping

misfit

I've had my 3-screen cab up and running with Visual Pinball 10 and PinballX for a couple years now; basically without major issue. But after upgrading PinballX to ver. 3.47, I noticed that whenever I run PinballX my Visual Pinball keyboard mappings get wiped out - not reset to default, wiped out. To verify, I exited both VP and PinballX, reopened VP and reset my keyboard mapping preferences and played a table directly from VP without issue. But as soon as I start PinballX, the mapping are wiped again. I reset the mappings again via VP. They work again after being reset and seem to persist between stopping and restarting VP. But if I start any VP tables via PinballX, the keyboard mappings get wiped again. I was able to reproduce this without fail multiple times. I believe this issue was somehow introduced with PinballX ver. 3.47 since I re-downloaded and re-installed PinballX ver. 3.46 and I can no longer reproduce the issue.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, bobmagnuson said:

I'm having the same issue after updating to 3.47.  I no longer have the download for 3.46, where can I get it???

How about giving the author the chance to investigate and fix the the issue?

So far it was requested of the original user to provide copies of the pinballx.ini and log.txt files, but that hasn't happened.

• 5 weeks later...

Never seen the issue.

I'm using the last version of pbx.

1 advice: make backups.  For pbx settings.ini is important. If something screw up, you can always restore.

If you have the issue, post your logfiles and settings file

2 hours ago, barbergeek said:

Has it been resolved in later releases? (The only way I could fix this was to rebuild the system from scratch and haven't tried again, after several attempts...)

Hi Scott,

As logs and ini files weren't supplied from anyone having the issue as far as i can tell, then probably not.

I'm not sure if you had exactly the same issue or not as you had to rebuild the system from scratch (which i assume means a total re-install) rather than reconfigure key settings in visual pinball.

Can you confirm the symptoms of your issue from memory? Like Mike_da_spike i've not had the issue so it's hard to guess stuff. Do you have the auto-configure option selected in settings for VP, i don't but could try setting that to test it if you do