All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameeX Arcade edition missing 4 player games

big g

I have AE on 4 player arcade cabinet , using Mame 2.10.  All my, roms work with this version of Mame.  I have AE setup to display all games and 4 player games. The problem is, when I update list AE, it doesn’t list all the 4 games , that should go in that list. If, I select the all games tab, those missing games are listed there and work fine. My question is, how do I, update game list, or data base, to display missing games or add the missing games, to 4 player list. 

Did  you get the most recent 0.207 version?

It's always a good idea to match this with your MAME release and the version in the repository is an older release.  These type files aren't maintained here to represent the current release as they originate elsewhere.

Hi, yes, installed the most recent 0.207 version of nplayers.ini . I also installed .207 version of Mame also, with  same result . It had an incomplete 4 player game list. It also had incomplete list for light gun games. I also tried gameex and gameex EVO  with the same rom set and version of Mame and .207 nplayers.ini. They both had same incomplete list of games, as in AE. If you select all games tab and select a game , those games are listed and play fine. I just can’t get any version of gameex to list an complete list for those  category’s.

I have tried different version of Mame from .201 to .210 command line version. I have tried nplayers.ini from .201 to .207. the 4 player and light games list are incomplete on AE, EVO and gameex. When, all games tab is selected, all the missing games are there and work fine. Here are the log txt and show log files, for AE. The next 2 files are for gameex. 

log.txt ShowLog.exe log.txt ShowLog.exe

• 1 month later...

Hi Tom, it’s missing a bunch games. The Simpsons, tmnt, tmnt in time, snow bros 2, silent Dragon, NFL Blitz, super high impact, venettta. Those are just of some off the top my head. Its also missing a bunch from gun games and spinner games.

Hi, Tom  What ever you did, that fixed 4 player game list issue. Thanks

It also added missing trackball games. As far as the light gun games it also add a bunch of missing games to list. It’s missing Aliens 3, Area 51, Area 51/ maximum force duo, carnevil, rail chase, revolution x, Terminator 2,, and  point blank 2. There might be a total of 10 missing.

Hi Draco

I tried that, gameex never included those, roms in proper category. After refreshing  list, but what ever  Tom  tweaked, in lastest build.  The  majority of the roms showed up on proper list.