All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Slow startup with 3.46

GAH1068

Just updated to latest version from 3.45.       I am seeing really slow startup in this version.    I double click PBX,  I immediately see the gray PinballX startup screen and then my screen goes black for

20-30 seconds.    After that wait all my videos and backglass display normally.      

Based on the log files it appear to be something in the new Joystick changes.    Is there a way to disable Joystick in PBX globally?   Trying to clear the default values is leading to a lot of hung windows before I can change it from.   I went and removed any Joystick config from my .ini file manually and it didn't help.

I have a KL25Z that I use for nudging only along with the Ipac2 that is the built in controller on my Extensions cab.   

Reinstalling 3.45 fixed the problem so it appears to be isolated in the latest build.   If you need me to try a test build or one with enhanced logging I will be happy to help.

log.txt

PinballX.ini [SETTINGS].log

Edited by tthurman

Hi,

I guess its something to do with your devices. I don't see this issue with an XBOX 360 controller or without anything.

The only thing different with joystick initialization in this release is that it sets bounds for x and y axis to -1000 to 1000

Any idea why they would cause an issue?