All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] attract mode started crasing and rebooting my pc

pcx1

since last week, attract mode started to crash and rebooting my pc at random.

i did change  the playfield  connection from hdmi to display port and had to mess with my screens to get all correct again, and also  pinball fx3 did an update.

if i load  a table  in vpx it can be on there for hours without crashes, also  pinball fx3 i can run standalone without it crashing.

just when i let attract mode run nowm it randomly crahes and reboots the pc, attract mode had never crashed before last week

PinballX.ini log.txt

just updated, didnt take long to crah now, even multiple reboots and a blue screen;( also after updating  , my backglass videos are not showing up anymore too

it now crahed when exiting  a table

log.txt

if it are blue screens it is probably not pinballx that is the culprit, but something on your system that triggers it by running things from pinballx.  Usually related to failing hardware or bad drivers for some hardware. Does the blue screen show a specific driver / bluescreen error ? maybe https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html can help to view the bluescreen again.

Sometimes blue screen's mention a .sys file and that's usually the driver causing the problems.

Did you update any drivers recently ?

found a lot of these msgs in the  eventlog for applications

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service
      [ Guid] {89b1e9f0-5aff-44a6-9b44-0a07a7ce5845}

EventID 1534

Version 0

Level 3

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2019-06-02T12:12:42.600962400Z

EventRecordID 71923

Correlation

- Execution
      [ ProcessID] 1236
      [ ThreadID] 1408

Channel Application

Computer DESKTOP-1PV0BTB

- Security
      [ UserID] S-1-5-18
- EventData
    Event Unload
    Component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB}
    Error See Tracelogging for error details

9 hours ago, pcx1 said:

my backglass videos are not showing up anymore too

That could be due to x position being set, try 0. From the ini;

[BackGlass]
monitor=0
x=3841
y=0

For the crashes try disabling pinmame in front end, probably won't do anything but worth a go to rule out. Set this to False;

UsePinMAME=True

Any more info you can give on when crashes occur will help, is there any pattern (is it always after launching and exiting a game or just anytime?)

setting it to 0 fixed the backglass videos again,thx:)  weird why it worked before with this setting, the crashing still remain,i also disactivated the pinball fx3 games to try.  i never get an error from pinballx, it just suddenly reboots the pc in attract mode

When you say Attract Mode do you mean the pinballx wheel or the actual attract mode / screensaver mode where pinballx rotates the wheel for you after a minute of no use?.. If it is Attract Mode you could try disabling that in settings.exe to see if that fixes it

i did follow the instructions to make my pc not reboot on error.  i tried again, the table was on tales of the... and it held out for more then an hour without crashing. then i quit pinballx to see if i didnt get an error msg of some sorts from someting else. nothing  

then i tried it again and put on it on the creature of the blue lagoon table wich did crash quickly and yes after a few minutes it gave me a nice blue screen

at least i now got some kind of idea what is causing it

it said driver irql not less or equal and beneath usbport.sys

i do have a usb 3 addon cart in the pc and ill now remove that  and try again, fingers crossed

dont want to jump for joy just yet but since i removed the pci express card , it has been running for 3 hours now, so realy hope that was the fix, sucks for my usb 3 drive for backups tough,but ill take that solution if it keeps running

• Like 1

yes, all seems to be working properly again now:) so glad tough, still makes me wonder how it had all worked before, but a big thank u to everyone helping me to troubleshoot this one, grtz

3 hours ago, pcx1 said:

yes, all seems to be working properly again now:) so glad tough, still makes me wonder how it had all worked before, but a big thank u to everyone helping me to troubleshoot this one, grtz

It could have been driver or failing hardware. Drivers sometimes get updated with windows updates and hardware can start failing after a period of time or "abuse" (overheating for example)

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] attract mode started crasing and rebooting my pc
  • Draco1962 locked this topic