All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Game Manager: How to remove deleted tables?

E36M3ZF

I deleted a lot of old VP9 tables from the "tables" folder (more than 300) but they still exist in the database. So i'm trying to use Game Manager to remove them but i don't see any option to remove missing files from the database. Also, i don;t want to create a fresh database because i made tons of changes and name editing in the current one and it will take me hours to re-do them. Is there a way to clear up the database from the non-existing tables without having to delete them one by one?

Not a default in pbx as I thought. Normally you just want to add something and deleting  an issue.

Not sure if you can make programs/scripts, but read the xml, check if the name exists, if so crwate a new xml with those entries and skipp the rest.

How many vp9 tables are left?

5 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Not a default in pbx as I thought. Normally you just want to add something and deleting  an issue.

Not sure if you can make programs/scripts, but read the xml, check if the name exists, if so crwate a new xml with those entries and skipp the rest.

How many vp9 tables are left?

None. I want to make two different databases, one for VPX and one for VP9. But i can't remove the tables from the database, i have to do it one by one.

And i also can't make two fresh databases because i have put a lot of work with renaming and other info that i manually added. So these will be wiped off if i make new databases.

I need my current database but split in VP9 and VPX tables. If i could just remove the tables that don't exist in the tables folder i could easily do this. i just select all tables with the vpt extension and move them somewhere. Then i could remove all the missing tables and save the database for VPX (with all my changes intact). Then i could do the opposite, move the VPX tables from the folder, delete them all from the database and save it as the VP9 database. Now it's going to take hours of work removing the tables one by one by memory, once for VP9 and another for VPX because i have a large tables collection (800+ tables).

3 hours ago, scutters said:

It's a while since i used it but i think PinXCheck has delete functionality

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=31049

(sorry if i'm wrong!)

I tried it and can't find this delete functionality. You can delete one by one like in the regular game manager but there is no option to remove missing tables or even a filter.

Following is what I did a long time ago to work around some of the limitations of Game Manager for managing my game xmls:

1. Download and install Notepad++

2. Load the xml file for editing

3. Add or remove sections as needed and save 

Yes it is more manual, but it works and, with Notepad++, it keeps the format of the XML intact.

6 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Following is what I did a long time ago to work around some of the limitations of Game Manager for managing my game xmls:

1. Download and install Notepad++

2. Load the xml file for editing

3. Add or remove sections as needed and save 

Yes it is more manual, but it works and, with Notepad++, it keeps the format of the XML intact.

I was hoping to avoid this procedure. It's not faster than deleting one by one the tables i have removed. I thought being able to remove the missing tables from the database could easily be a one button thing. Press the "Remove missing tables from the database" button and done!. I guess i can't avoid the manual work (which i will have to do twice, once for VP9 and once for VPX since i need them in two separate databases).

But thanks for trying to help.