All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Capturing Fx3 Playfield are rotated and streched

Mike_da_Spike

When using Game manager to capture Playfield and Backglass videos, the videos from FX3 will be streched and 90degrees rotated
 I capture the video's with the Geforce driver, but only for FX3 I see that the videos are captured in the sub dir Desktop instead of Pinball FX3
So looks like that PBX thinks that it is in desktop mode instead of cabinet (portrait) mode

I only have this with FX3. Rest of the video's are captured correctly.

Tried the rotate function from the settings menu, but no luck 
I'm pretty sure that I could capture the video's in the past fine

PinballX.ini

[SETTINGS].log

log.txt

Here are 2 foto's from the cabinet :

During capturing :

20190530_105700.thumb.jpg.98aa3ff14a3e12c6af8a969cf2ddf040.jpg

Within PBX

20190530_110015.thumb.jpg.488de0d2535fe8e392075a0f11fbb035.jpg

(see the text on the right. That should be at the bottom)

Anyone knows what I do wrong ??

i'm not sure if this helps but i use 2 instances of obs studio where i record 2 screens with (one per instance) and change settings and output path using same start / stop recording hotkey. Yesterday when i was recording my video's for pinball fx3 using it my video was also rotated and not showing full table. It was not exactly as in your screenshot but a bit different. Initially i was recording while i had rotated my screen using irotate to portrait mode before the game started so 1080x1920 but this was giving problems. If i did not put my screen in portrait mode but left it in landscape and used the cabinet mode ingame to rotate the screen the problem went away with me. But as said not sure if it's a similar problem or if it could help with your problem. The thing to note is even if the pinball fx3 rotated the screen the video ingame was still 1920x1080 while if i had rotated externally in windows it was 1080x1920.

You could try playing with rotation of the screen either ingame or in windows before recording and see if it makes a difference (as it did with me in a negative way initially when recording with obs studio). It could also have been a problem from obs studio

3 hours ago, joyrider3774 said:

i'm not sure if this helps but i use 2 instances of obs studio where i record 2 screens with (one per instance) and change settings and output path using same start / stop recording hotkey. Yesterday when i was recording my video's for pinball fx3 using it my video was also rotated and not showing full table. It was not exactly as in your screenshot but a bit different. Initially i was recording while i had rotated my screen using irotate to portrait mode before the game started so 1080x1920 but this was giving problems. If i did not put my screen in portrait mode but left it in landscape and used the cabinet mode ingame to rotate the screen the problem went away with me. But as said not sure if it's a similar problem or if it could help with your problem. The thing to note is even if the pinball fx3 rotated the screen the video ingame was still 1920x1080 while if i had rotated externally in windows it was 1080x1920.

You could try playing with rotation of the screen either ingame or in windows before recording and see if it makes a difference (as it did with me in a negative way initially when recording with obs studio). It could also have been a problem from obs studio

I use DC.exe to rotate the screen and tried to start in portrait and landscape mode. but no luck.
Tried the next things :

Start PBX in Portrait mode (via windows) and Rotate Display for FX3 to Yes - result Video stretch 
Start PBX in Landscape mode (via windows) and Rotate Display for FX3 to Yes - result Video stretch 
Start PBX in Portrait mode (via windows) and Rotate Display for FX3 to No - result Video created in landscape mode (wide screen)
Start PBX in Landscape mode (via windows) and Rotate Display for FX3 to No - result Video created in landscape mode (wide screen)

image.png.f3f8b7b6817e939c2afd72fcc48057dc.png

I'm now trying to resize the stretched video's and rotate it, so it is showing fine in the display 

To be continued ....

Btw @joyrider3774 , how did you get the signature created :D?

i was not talking about rotate display in pinballx settings but cabinet options (if you have it unlocked) in pinball fx3 itselve (so ingame) i had to rotate the game there ingame but not sure it makes a difference in your case / problem

the signature is a feature of gameex / pinballx online  (https://online.gameex.com) i logged in using my account there and i let my pinballx go online when it's running so it uploads my collection to there (https://online.gameex.com/user.aspx?id=51842) and shows my last played game. Then once your logged in click on the game card like here and you can use it for a signature on forums. it has other options like controlling pinballx remotely or view the screen on the website (once pinballx is running). 

image.thumb.png.66e44946b7483166cf8653c499c2005e.png

Thanks @joyrider3774! sorry, misread your post.
Never checked the cabinet option in FX3 since all was working fine, but now I don't rotate the screen before I launch, but rotate in FX3 to 270degrees

That seems to fix this ! Cost me almost whole day to figure out !

I knew about gamexonline and that I can stream and shutdown the PC (for some reason these function won't work. Same as play table ..)
But the gamecard option is not present

image.png.7999f7789a565d082aa00d0588fe46c2.png

Yes thats what i do also i let the game rotate itselve in cabinet options.

Thats weird, the gamecard option was always there with me. You could check if the gamecard exists by looking at my image url ( http.online.gameex.com/gamecards/pinballx/joyrider3774___pinballcab.png ) i think it ends with username___cabinethostname.png to find yours.

Maybe old(er) accounts don't have the option ? i only created mine end of 2018. Maybe @Tom Speirs can explain why you don't see the gamecard option