All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] no b2s after launch

dom69

Don't you have to chechk the check box in that version to "Bring BG form to top" ?

Thought that the version you use was for pinup player to hide the BG and bring the pinupplayer. And if you don't have a pinupplayer bg for that table, you need to check that box.

Do you use pinupplayer for b2s files?

If not, you can use an older verser of b2sserver. I tried the new b2sserver once and needed to put all in front (even on older pbx) Because didn't like the pinup backglass, i reverted back to older b2sserver and original backglasses.

I thought you can add in xml file for your backglass the entry to put to the front

Check @Outhere's post for that B2S Server https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=41903#entry424768

The key bit is in the middle "In the table folder you will find this file B2STableSettings.xml
Make a backup of the file 1st
Add this to the bottom of the top section in the File -     <FormToFront>1</FormToFront>  and it will become part of the default"

49 minutes ago, dom69 said:

but the backglass (b2s) is present when I run with vpx.  it's only when I run a table with pinballx that I do not have the b2s.

Pinballx is a front end and makes the screens black, so you don't see the icons of your desktop during loading.

This version of b2sserver is specially created to hide your backglass if there are other windows/programs, because pinupplayer must popup in front.

As Scutter says and what I tried to explain too( I'm not native English so sorry for the confusion) you need the entry in the b2stable file where you don't have a pinupplayer backglass to put this in front.

I got 700 vpx tables and modify the registry and xml with simple find/replace statements.

If pbx should pull this to front, it will overwrite proberly your pinupplayer backglasses

Ok then, so the B2S is hidden behind the black pinballx backglass. Go to you visual pinball\ tables folder and take a backup copy of B2STableSettings.xml. Then add <FormToFront>1</FormToFront> to the top section of the original file.

If that doesn't work post back and attach your B2STableSettings.xml file.

(the other option would be to rollback to a previous of B2S Server and try that, but that wouldn't be fully compatible with pinup player i guess)

The version you use, is for putting the backglass to the back to have pinupplayer set to top of the screen.

The older (original) version is put the b2s on top by default, but than the pinupplayer wont work.

Maybe a request at the developer to set the default on top will help you

16 hours ago, dom69 said:

hello scutters,  so after doing tests it works very well!  thank you very much.  why this line is not there by default?

Don't know. I'd have thought it would have been better to keep the default behaviour and then add a line like <FormToFront>0</FormToFront>  instead.. 

But you've got it working and that's the main thing.