All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

pinballx/vpinmame

awalsh053

Hello I'm using the newest version of pinball x trying to use the ...use pinMAME in front end feature but nothing happens….I read that you have to tell pinball x what rom but all I see in game manager is inport rom and when I do it askes to overwrite any help would be grate thx.

You should be able to reinstall straight over the top, but just not select the 64bit option in the installer.

It's always nice to have backups handy just in case though, if you have space you could just copy the entire pinballx folder off somewhere. If not just copy the pinballx.ini file.

• Thanks 1

Please attach a log file after you've started and exited a table, along with your pinballx.ini file and visual pinball.xml file. Will give us more to go on.

Also, did the feature use to work or is this a brand new install?, in which case from memory i think you may need to open a table twice for the link to pinmame to work (pinballx working out the rom name to table mapping), my memory might be wrong on that though, sorry!.

Thanks

Edit - i was wrong, must have been thinking about something else entirely

Sorry, wrong xml file, needs to be for the system being used, so vpx.xml in this case.

The reason for videos is that the pinballx wheel will rotate a lot smoother than if it's trying to load the roms for each table as you go round. I think it's fair to say most people use videos for dmd's and backglass.

Ok, go to Game Manager, as you have use pinmame selected in settings.exe / pinballx.ini you should have a ROM box next to the hide backglass checkbox, click that scroll to the ROM for that game. This should update the vpx.xml rom field.

Hopefully that'll do it...

I would recommend videos though!, I use PBX recorder for them rather than game manager, but that's just preference.

still not working but I think ill take your advice and just record them ill try the game manager.I used PBX recorder last night it launched each table but when all was said and done black screen is all it recorded I  put ffmpeg.exe in the pinball x dir launched the script it did its thing …..anyway thx again for all the help I'm absolutely in love with this hobby and it has a very helpful community

• Like 1

I'd have thought it would work with that, but i use videos so maybe i missed something with the setup for pinmame in pbx.

For PBX reecorder if you had issues check screenres.txt as it uses that, from the download page https://www.gameex.info/forums/files/file/535-pbx-recorder-captures-playfield-backglass-and-dmd-videos-and-images/NOTE: PBX Recorder uses the DirectB2S screenres.txt to figure out how to record the Playfield, Backglass and DMD.  (If the DMD portion of screenres.txt is not filled in correctly, you will have trouble with DMD video or screenshot capture.  Try the included ScreenResCheck utility, to see exactly what PBX Recorder will record) 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, anarkizt said:

I have the same issue as OP, can't get either DMD or B2S to work. Both works in VPX after launching the game. Coming back out to PinballX only shows black screens for both "areas"...  

Please attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files (no copy & paste).

IT WORKS! Thanks!!! 

I also noticed now that in the "paths" option for PinMAME you have to select Display: "Default" not specifically select DISPLAY1 or DISPLAY2... Otherwise it will only be a black screen.

• Like 1