All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Separate list of tables that require service

qcol

I know that you can create a list of games that don't show up in the "all tables" menu, but it's a separate system that has its own folders, and so on. 
But can I create a list of games that belong to the Visual Pinball system, are in the same folder as the others but will not be displayed in the "all tables" menu? I mean, for example, games that require servicing and should not be displayed in the menu until they are repaired. 

5 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Uncheck the checkbox enabled in gamemanager. That will not display the table at all

I know that option, but I'm talking about something completely different. The option you're talking about forces me to laboriously search for unchecked games to be serviced in the game manager.  I would like a dedicated menu where I would have a comfortable list of games to service. 

There is no way I'm aware of that the frontend can detect whether or not the table requires service as you describe. You may want to submit this as a Feature request.

Agree with Draco1962, I don't think you can have a table shown in Visual Pinball list but not then in the All tables list when the others are.

If you don't use ratings maybe you could rate them all as 1 star and others as 5 star or something to filter that way. For WIP's etc  i tend to add a spanner symbol alt code (ALT+128295) in the table description field after name before manufacturer so i can tell when scrolling through the wheel.

@scutters

Can elaborate more on how you actually add the spanner symbol as like this idea as ive tables that i need to tweek from time to time.

Ian

@scutters

hmmmm add ALT+128295 gives me a ` 

if i use alt 1 it gives me a smille face ☺ , so i must be doing summit right ?...is there a complete list of ALT codes that show all the emogies ?

Ian 

9 hours ago, qcol said:

I know that option, but I'm talking about something completely different. The option you're talking about forces me to laboriously search for unchecked games to be serviced in the game manager.  I would like a dedicated menu where I would have a comfortable list of games to service. 

You can create an extra xml under your vpx menu named servicing.xml and put those tables in there.

If you don't want to see them, set all those tables to not enabled.

In gamemanager, you are able to select that list and fix or service these tables.

You should manually move over the tables to the correct xml if they are ready for production.

7 hours ago, simbamame said:

@scutters

hmmmm add ALT+128295 gives me a ` 

if i use alt 1 it gives me a smille face ☺ , so i must be doing summit right ?...is there a complete list of ALT codes that show all the emogies ?

Ian 

Try it in wordpad and copy and paste, that should work. To be honest i don't type them into game manager as i don't have a separate number pad on my cab keyboard, i just have a rtf wordpad file on the desktop so copy them from there.

12 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

There is no way I'm aware of that the frontend can detect whether or not the table requires service as you describe. You may want to submit this as a Feature request.

but I don't want the frontend to automatically detect which tables require service, I realize it's impossible :) I want to create a separate menu item for tables that require service (I would place them there manually). The tables in this list should not appear in the "all tables" menu.   

12 hours ago, scutters said:

Agree with Draco1962, I don't think you can have a table shown in Visual Pinball list but not then in the All tables list when the others are.

If you don't use ratings maybe you could rate them all as 1 star and others as 5 star or something to filter that way. For WIP's etc  i tend to add a spanner symbol alt code (ALT+128295) in the table description field after name before manufacturer so i can tell when scrolling through the wheel.

you gave me a nice idea... you can add unicode characters to the name... it will help a lot, thanks!

examples: 

(U+1F527) https://www.compart.com/en/unicode/U+1F527

(U+1F6E0) https://www.compart.com/en/unicode/U+1F6E0  

Can't copy/paste it on this forum, because error "The value entered includes a character that is not allowed such as an Emoji."

Glad you got a workaround!

I add them in the description field in game manager and then record media based on table name in pbx recorder, that way way you don't get rogue characters in the media file names.

On 5/16/2019 at 6:23 AM, scutters said:

Try it in wordpad and copy and paste, that should work. To be honest i don't type them into game manager as i don't have a separate number pad on my cab keyboard, i just have a rtf wordpad file on the desktop so copy them from there.

:) i was using notepad to copy and paste, wordpad worked perfect.