All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PIN2DMD not found error

rxd

Since I updated to the latest version of PinballX I keep getting this error: PIN2DMD not found error

I see here that the supposed solution is to reinstall PinballX making sure not to select Pin2DMD

I've tried this.

Over 10 TIMES

It still gives me this error.

Where the heck is this bad data hidden and how do I remove it?

This is making me crazy

You most likely clicked the option to install Pin2DMD support during setup at some point. This should only be done if you actually have a pin2dmd and this is highlighted in the setup.

To fix delete dmddevice.dill/dmddevice64.dll from the install folder.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have this same problem and I absolutely did not select pin2dmd support when I installed. I have a pindmd3. Will deleting these files affect my pindmd? I'm currently seeing my dmd correctly in vpx games but not in pinballx (this was working fine before I upgraded).

Learning everyday new things !

Edit : Now I know again (I am at my cab now).
Not sure if pinDMD.dll comes with PBX, but I needed to have that dll including pinDMD.ini.
Because I have a pinDMD3 and a Teensy 3.2 controller(both usb device  uses almost the same driver) I needed the pinDMD.ini to point PBX to the correct port of my pinDMD3 (port 5 ). My  Teensy is at port 3 and didn't work and otherwise it didn't work

[communication]
debug=1
comport=COM5

[pinmame]
log_frames=0