All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Attempting VGPU setup for the third time

Tom Speirs

So I tried several years ago with vSphere esxi and later with Hyper-V RemoteFX and got it working in both cases but didn't get a suitable setup I was happy with.

So I've just ordered some kit to try again, this time with Hyper-V DDA and a Grid k520 I got off ebay along with upgrading my workstation to an X399 build.

Anyone here have any idea, what I am talking about!?

Sorta, kinda, but not exactly. I know that vSphere esxi is a bare metal hypervisor and pretty much the same for anything leveraging Hyper-V. Quick "google" indicates you may be building  a server running Server 2016. Am I close?

• 3 weeks later...

I could see this being really cool for older game titles that had LAN support or like Pod Racer that had IPX, but included no way to game with opponents over the internet.   Remakes of these classics and some like Battlezone could really find renewed energy if the multiplayer can be put back on the table.

I'm sure there are more possibilities than those, but these immediately came to mind after looking at their webpage.  Not really a huge surprise, but I'd never heard of it until your mentioning it.

Who am I kidding though, I haven't gamed in years now.....one can dream!