All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Next on the chopping block

tthurman

WTF??  Why ???

New Star Wars, every other year, with new Avatar every other year between?  Avatar is done.  End of story.  Why make a sequel?  Sure there is potential material, but it's going to over saturate the franchise and not make it special anymore.  The same is true about Marvel Movies.  Yeah, we want to keep the movies coming, but there isn't much more that can top Thanos/Infinity.  And a big reveal about Cruella deVille?  PASS.

5 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

WTF??  Why ???

How corporations see you:

356224932_Howacorporatioseesyou.png.68be74271105bcc63818a5863c2ee7a2.png

Because they know we'll fork it over, and they don't have imaginations of their own. Their content destroyers now, not creators. They only know how to milk the last drop of $$$ out of previously successful franchises. If they had an original idea once and a while they could start something new, but instead they're letting streaming services get under their skin and making desparate cash grabs under the deluded guise of saving their market share.

So true. Look at the number of reboots or conversions from animated to live action of TV and movie "classics." Spin-offs and sequels are at an all-time high. And "we the sheeple" buy it because we always have.

I know I have. I am tasked with categorizing and weeding out our DVD collection. Most I've seen in the theater once, bought the disc, watched again, only to watch it on cable 40 gazillion times since.

We are being lead willingly via the chute of consumerism to the financial slaughter house. We are in debt to the company store. And we feel fine.

I , for one, will continue to watch star wars movies once they come out on DVD.com. I've lost interest in getting mugged at the box office. That's one step in the grave for Hollywood. Disney is a media whore that has gained weight. She used to be hot, now she's not. That's why she's loosing clients!

If Hollywood wants it to stop, they need to stop reeling from streaming shock and get back to business. What separates Hollywood from HBO, streaming services and Made for TV movies has, and if they get their $hit back together, always will be production quality compelling stories. Hollywood passes on ALOT of screenplays that get picked up by streaming and TV. The solution isn't accepting more, to deny your competition. They just have to get back to choosing great stories, and producing the hell out of them. If they can do that, they will solidify screenwriter and consumer confidence. Then they will continue to get first choosing of the best stories to produce. And consumers will have great movies to pay for.