All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Control keys for some MAME Emulators (formerly in MESS)

John Simon

I finally got through some issues getting the MESS emulation in MAME when using GameEX Evolution.  (Pretty much just issues with managing paths)  One thing I have found is that some emulations do not seem to support the same keys to exit, pause, and configure the inputs.  (Defaults esc, p, and Tab)  These all seem to work with Arcade games and ColecoVision, but not with C64 and a800,  I have been searching around, but not seen anything specific.  Has anyone else come across this?  Are they handled differently?  Thanks!

Some have to be set up within the emulator in addition to within the frontend. Similar issues occur with regular GameEx and GameEx Arcade.

Thanks!  I see the exit config at the bottom of the GameEx emulator config, but it's not entirely clear what all the entries do.  Is this documented somewhere?  Is there also still things that need to be edited directly in the MAME ini file for these emulators.  The problem I see seems to be limited to PC emulators.  The console emulators seem to be consistent with the Arcade games.