All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Getting LEDBlinky to work with EVO

GSquarePA

Has anyone gotten LEDBlinky to work with EVO? I found the EVO extensions but can't find any info on where the files go. I tried the main data and bin folders and the Userdata sub folder but got nothing. I put LEDBlinky files in the empty LEDBlinky folder in the zip but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Just trying to Bump this topic. I am guessing that nobody has tried to use LEDBlinky with EVO Yet? Does anyone know if the extensions feature is even active in the current version yet? I tried to drop that config file everywhere and I can't find a log that records EVO even trying to load it. At this point I am going to have to assume that extensions just don't work yet.

On 5/4/2019 at 8:34 PM, Tom Speirs said:

Thanks Ben. Could you please provide a little info on how it should be setup then we can provide feedback accordingly.

Cheers.

Well you download, install and configure using the Repo Manager much like original GameEx.

On 5/5/2019 at 6:09 AM, GSquarePA said:

I'll be happy to test the LEDBlinky and Servostik extensions for you if that will help. I have them both running on the GameEX Arcade Edition instance on the cab. 

Yes that'd be great thanks since I no longer have any hardware to test anymore. Please use the Repo Manager to download, install and configure.

So I got 1.05 downloaded and installed. Rep manager is back and I was able to use it to download the LED Blinky and Servostick extensions. I still have a lot of trouble shooting to do but some initial observations:

- Repo Manager downloads the extensions into the profile temp folder but does not unzip them into the target folder. I see the footer image turn red for a second so I think that's the zip process failing. I unzipped the file and moved the contents to the extensions folder manually and they appeared in the installed list in Repo Manager and I could configure them. Interestingly, The download manager with the Evo client downloads and unzips emulators fine.  I have this same problem in the arcade version Repo Manager so this may be something with my cab. What's  Repo Manager looking for to unzip files? I'm running win7. 

- servo stick extension configures fine but when it's enabled evo crashes right after the splash screen on every boot. Disabling it stops the crash. I need to dig into this a little deeper. 

- ledblinky extension configures fine but the text file the configure button opens only includes a single line with the location of the LEDBlinky executable. The LED blinky executable loads properly on evo start but the log only shows the executable loading and my license file loading. None of the other normal events seem to happen. It doesn't seem to recognize the Evo front end (I chose gameex, there is no evo option). No lights work on the front end launch and no lights work on mane game launches. Closing the ledblinky executable logs the event in the led blinky log. (ledblinky in debug mode). What does ledblinky look for to recognize gameex as the running front end? Would that be different for evo? 

Still have more testing to do but wanted to add this info to the thread to see if you have any ideas or comments. 

I've not installed Evo or anything via Arcade, and Tom/Ben correct me if I am wrong, but have you tried installing 7zip to see if that is what the autoinstall is looking for?

Thanks for the idea. I did have 7-zip installed but it was not associated with all the extensions. I associated all the extensions with 7-zip but unfortunately its still not unzipping files when I use the Repo Manager. It downloads them but leaves them in the user profile temp download folder. Any other ideas would be welcome. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 10:56 AM, GSquarePA said:

So I got 1.05 downloaded and installed. Rep manager is back and I was able to use it to download the LED Blinky and Servostick extensions. I still have a lot of trouble shooting to do but some initial observations:

- Repo Manager downloads the extensions into the profile temp folder but does not unzip them into the target folder. I see the footer image turn red for a second so I think that's the zip process failing. I unzipped the file and moved the contents to the extensions folder manually and they appeared in the installed list in Repo Manager and I could configure them. Interestingly, The download manager with the Evo client downloads and unzips emulators fine.  I have this same problem in the arcade version Repo Manager so this may be something with my cab. What's  Repo Manager looking for to unzip files? I'm running win7. 

- servo stick extension configures fine but when it's enabled evo crashes right after the splash screen on every boot. Disabling it stops the crash. I need to dig into this a little deeper. 

- ledblinky extension configures fine but the text file the configure button opens only includes a single line with the location of the LEDBlinky executable. The LED blinky executable loads properly on evo start but the log only shows the executable loading and my license file loading. None of the other normal events seem to happen. It doesn't seem to recognize the Evo front end (I chose gameex, there is no evo option). No lights work on the front end launch and no lights work on mane game launches. Closing the ledblinky executable logs the event in the led blinky log. (ledblinky in debug mode). What does ledblinky look for to recognize gameex as the running front end? Would that be different for evo? 

Still have more testing to do but wanted to add this info to the thread to see if you have any ideas or comments. 

Evo uses a new plugin format (called "Extensions") which operate differently to the way they did in original GameEx. The problem now is once the extension is loaded its dll gets locked. This means that in order to install an update it will need to copy the files to a temp folder, close the Repo Manager and then copy them into the correct location on launch again. This is supposed to be automatic.

Can you please check the log files in Servo Stik extension and Setup Wizard to see if there is any exception output that could help point me in the right direction? Unfortunately all my hardware (Servo Stik / LEDBlinky etc.) is not with me at the moment.

I would have thought that interfacing with LEDBlinky would not require it to know what FE is running but perhaps it does? I will have to contact Dennis and see if he can have a look for us.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this and hopefully we can get these issues sorted out ASAP.

PS You don't need to worry about what zip software you have installed. Evo has 7zip built into it.