All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex Arcade from regular gameex?

bclinton

Gameex arcade looks pretty good! Is there an easy way to migrate a regular gameex install to it? Is it as simple as copying folders to the gameex arcade folder?

I've been gone for a while and checked back in to see a lot of new stuff. You've got my juices flowing again :)

Mostly just copy and paste your paths. You may even be able to copy your gameex.ini from regular GameEx to the GameEx Arcade Edition with no ill effect. Something I always intended to try but have not as of yet.

10 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Mostly just copy and paste your paths. You may even be able to copy your gameex.ini from regular GameEx to the GameEx Arcade Edition with no ill effect. Something I always intended to try but have not as of yet.

I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks!

Of course, there would still have to be tweaks due to theme selection that would require manual editing of the ini file to use the AE default theme to properly start.

19 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

So AE is working with no errors as noted in the other thread?

No, the other machine is still giving me the directx error on update. This was a windows 10 machine that wanted to run the gameex arcade on.