All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

Is there a way to set specific paths to artwork like in the GameEX setup wizard where you can set location to marquee, flyers, videos, etc.in the MAME part?

I installed PinballX for the very first time and did not see options like that in the setup wizard or PinballX.ini

One thing I'd like to see implemented is a sub-menu for tables so I could have 1 table displayed in the menu but then have the option to choose different versions of the same table without having multiples of the same table on my wheel. Option for nightmod, or older versions etc

• Like 1

Anyway Tom would it be possible to add startup animations to the LED plugin?I wasn't sure if you wrote the program or someone else did. Maybe even audio animations if you had a jukebox going on in pinballX. I'm sure it's possible. Also Tom I know you can group tables, would it be possible to setup pinball x where it word sort all the VP tables, Then FP table, PinballFX and so on. so you could flip through all the tables of one type then another type and so on. Seems like it would be more orderly.

Anyway could we incorporate a theme editor and the ability to change themes? It seems like people like to individualize their front ends. Lastly

Jay

One thing I'd like to see implemented is a sub-menu for tables so I could have 1 table displayed in the menu but then have the option to choose different versions of the same table without having multiples of the same table on my wheel. Option for nightmod, or older versions etc

This would be great from a table management point of view. At the moment the same table is listed many times using different versions of VP.

Based on the current PinballX xml structure I'm not sure how you can group these tables? A common identifier ?IPDB lookup/scraping for a reference.

I like to have the possibility to define on which soundcard the PBX navigation sounds should be played.

Maybe by means of an additional selection field on the "Audio settings" page.

For explanation: I use the VP9.x feature to play the VPM FX sounds on a second soundcard with speakers inside the cab. Music is played on the backglass speakers.

• Like 1

I just hooked up PBX and I must say I really like it! Thank You Tom for your continued work and active support regarding your software.

At the very bottom of the screen in a gold stripped area, I notice it flashes the Description of the table, free play, & Press start. Would it be possible to add an enable/disable option in the PBX setup wizard that will display the name of the .vpt file either before or after it flashes the description in the gold area?

The reasons I ask for this is... because HyperPin fails to do it and also and Take a Table like Fish Tales for example - There's a Table released by Authors melon as well as rosve. Sometimes I'm in the mood to play melon's table and some of the time I want to play rosve's version.

Currently the wheel doesn't tell me which version I'm selecting to launch unless I memorize the positioning.

Anyway, if this can be added that would be really cool.

How about a 3rd line - we have game name, description .. and suggest a comment field gets added. In there we could keep info about source/source name/DOF, Mod, Author .. freeform. Its not displayed, simply entered in the manager and stored in the .xml file. Cleansed of funny characters and thats about it.

Oh and how about a poll on the forum of all the wishlist items, so you know which ones are important to us ;-)

Would it be possible to have a no_backglass.png for each individual system. I would like to display a simple arcade logo for the mame games that don't have a back glass but I would like to use different images for other systems. I know I could use multiple copies of the same image, each one renamed to match each rom but it would be cleaner to have this option.

Thanks

Request 1: A little harder but my dream.

For me I would love for the game manager to be standalone.

I do the bulk of my updating and changes from my Mac and if I could run the game manager from it.. Doesn't have to be a mac app I can WINE it. So that way you could say drap and drop the new table in. It gets uploaded to directories. Find all the art and viola. From couch after a major round of updates to playing in no time.

Request 2: Not overly complicated
It may exist and maybe Im do dumb to find it: A way to enter out of the tables back to VP or FP itself for code changes and such. (B2S, DMD) That kind of thing.

Request 3: Just a bit on ridiculous side:

Prewritten script to run EVERY table in the XML to screen shot the table and b2s backglass. With an added option to pull open the script of the table for the user to make adjustments for what may have you. Like I said. Ridiculous.

Request 4: Game Manager to pull all Media in one quick move for everything with Fuzzy Match instead of Selecting one by one. I know a fuzzy match is already in place in your script somehow in game manager but if it could do a fuzzy on the rom button that would make life alot easier then going through the list to M N and O looking for one rom when You have a massive collection.

I know some of these are a bit much but these are just my requests and you can shoot me down a blank no. No harmed feelings.

• Like 1

I like your ideas. We will be allowing some list editing online soon with gameex online - http://online.gameex.com and that is certainly cross platform. Also I see no reason why the game manager would not run under wine with mono. Its not overly complex. Just copy the exe over and try one of the tools such as RunOnMac etc. Also there is a launch table button in the game manager for request 3.

Request 4 is a great idea. I will look at it although the front end itself will do matching too.

Yes,

I would also like to see an option as described by xtagesz (Request #4).

And also top on my wishlist is an option to administer different versions of a table like (physmod, nightmod, etc...) as described by slashbot.

I was honestly hoping for that in GameEx Online. Good to know it is coming. The list editor that is. I have been trying with WineSkin to get the Game Manager to run just having trouble for some reason. Ill keep playing with it another day.

Also in regards to #3: What I meant is an automated script to launch EVERY table one by one and pull the screenshots of both play and backglass. that way i could walk away and let it run for probably an hour depending on table count to update all.

Request #5:

In game Manager add say a drag and drop box:

When you drop in a new table it does a fuzzy gives you a dialog and pre populates all the fields. User just has to double check all values and could mark it as a separate version if necessary. With this you could have a Launch button that would launch the table and get the screenshots instantly. Just trying to make it easier and quicker for the user. Granted I know this means more work for the programmer.

Depending on what language the tools are written in I can lend my help. I Have experience in .Net languages which is what the tools look to be written in.

As far as your Request #5: goes, I suppose from the start it would have been nice if Table Authors reserved a portion of the actual script that had the XML information listed there and commented out. That way software like the game manager and such could parse that information and people could have 100% identical information in their XMLs as a standard.

• 2 weeks later...

Request 4: Game Manager to pull all Media in one quick move for everything with Fuzzy Match instead of Selecting one by one. I know a fuzzy match is already in place in your script somehow in game manager but if it could do a fuzzy on the rom button that would make life alot easier then going through the list to M N and O looking for one rom when You have a massive collection.

This would be a killer feature!

Reopening with another Idea:

Instead of Backglass Videos why not support for DirectB2S from the frontend to get random/accurate light shows everytime with no extra video needed. The rom is already running for the dmd so I am guessing it would work together

Reopening with another Idea:

Instead of Backglass Videos why not support for DirectB2S from the frontend to get random/accurate light shows everytime with no extra video needed. The rom is already running for the dmd so I am guessing it would work together

This one I really like, and as a nice bonus, DOF will also be able to use the Rom signals.

But are you sure the Rom is running in PinballX ?