All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

Hi all.

I'm running PinballX on my 3 monitor cab setup with VP and it does a great job.

You'll have to excuse me if this has been mentioned before but I have one suggestion to make it much more user friendly.

A lot of the games need different versions of VP, 9.21 or 9.9 etc. to run without bugs.

Instead of selecting the exe file in the setup program, wouldn't it be better to have another field in the game manager to choose which version of VP you want each table to load in. Maybe underneath the game dropdown. (this sounds seems simple to me but I'm not a programmer so maybe it's a real hassle.)

This way it would be exremely simple to setup and save you having to have separate pinballx exes pointing at different versions of VP.

I'd definitely donate if this option was available.

Either way thanks for a great front end.

Chris

• Like 4

I run my main screen on my cab in portrait mode in windows. I would like the option to display the normal "additional info" box when using the horizontal setting.

I also add my support to the request to be able to edit/remove the default lists (70s, 80s, modern, etc...) on the play menu.

Thanks!

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Feature Request:

The screen capture for the play field and back box is great but the default is for those screenshots to go into a separate screenshot folder. Which means then having to move them into the right folders manually which can be time consuming.

It would be nice to be able to select a checkbox in setup that will result in any screenshots being taken to overwrite the existing files in the actual play field and back box image directories. This would make it very simple to update the images when playing a new version of a vp table for example.

I know the new version supports downloading missing media but I like to have my screenshots match my version of the table. Especially with VP tables as there are so many table variations and updates. A quick screenshot that overwrites the existing ones would make maintenance so much easier.

Please also add the option in setup to flip the play field image when captured for those of us that have the screen orientation in reverse to your normal screenshot (Currently I have to rotate the screenshots manually in windows before copying to the right directory).

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right place for this feature request but....

GAMEEX ONLINE is such a great addition to PinballX. Being able to choose the table on league night without having to go spin the wheel is going to be a huge plus. There is one thing that would be nice to have as well. We currently keep our member high scores on a clipboard. Even though gameex online will now do this for us on tables with ROMS, the older tables that only keep one high score and no initials and the even older EM's that don't keep high scores at all, if the scores along with initials could be entered manually into the gameex live page for each table, that would be awesome!

Edited by Tom Speirs
You were referrring to GameEx Online and not GameEx. So cleaned up your post..

Is there ever going to be an option to add a fourth system to PinballX? I currently have Future Pinball, VP921 and VP990 setup for the three available systems. If there were ONE more, we would be able to also add the few Physmod5 tables that are available.

In the latest release, you can define up to 20 systems and designate if those systems are Future Pinball, Visual Pinball, or Custom (something else besides FP or VP).

In the latest release, you can define up to 20 systems and designate if those systems are Future Pinball, Visual Pinball, or Custom (something else besides FP or VP).

I'll be damned! I saw the drop-down under "other systems" but didn't realize you could change the info for each number. I've got it figured out now. Many thanks!

• Like 1

Was wondering if you could make PinballX launch tables from a shortcut. Here's why I'm asking, maybe there's a better way to do this.... I have set the DMD X offset to 1000 so that the B2s backlass does not show the built in DMD window since I'm using a real DMD. On most of my tables this is great. However, there are a few tables that I would prefer to use the segment display on the backglass instead of on my DMD. The easiest way I know to do this is to put that table in its own folder so it has its own screenres.txt with no DMD offset, so it does not read the universal setting for my other tables. When the table is in a different folder, PinballX Wizard does not see it. I tried to create a shortcut to that table to launch in a different folder. This does work through visual pinball, but not with PinballX.

Can this be implemented easily or is there currently an easier way to do this?

One thing I'm really surprised hasn't gotten fixed is screengrabs (having to rotate playfield screengrabs). It's easy enough to fix (batch conversion), I'm just really surprised it's still like that. But I know there are bigger fish to fry too.

One thing that's annoying to me is Pinball X adding "Tables" to the end of each XML file. I have an XML marked "Bowlers", and it shows as "Bowlers Tables". Still, minor in the scope of things.

• Like 1

is it possible to remove the

"Featuring # Tables" text

Yellow bar at the bottom

I removed the text from Line 1 and Line 2, and I still have the Table Tittle and Pinball X flash at the bottom of the screen.

post-25299-0-33428400-1412662505_thumb.p

I like to have a clean looking screen with no text or excess images on the screen.

Feature Request - Have menu item on the main wheel menu to drill into the sub-menus. So the main display might list all the pinball.ini files then one item is Sub-Menu1 (for example 80's tables). If I understand correctly, this is currently done by choosing some table on the main list then showing Play table + Your other menus on the second list. I figured it would make more sense to have submenus as part of the main menu.

Implementation? Add table entry could be add table entry or menu entry - and act accordingly.

-- Daryl.