SpesoftPinballXConvert-It
Draco1962

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

1 hour ago, PcTeknic said:

Now that we can show the systems at the beginning, I think it would be very interesting that in the configuration of the systems we had the possibility of configuring the games either as systems or as executables.

The idea is to be able to open Steam games such as Pinball FX2, PinballFX3, Pinball Arcade, ProPinball, Zaccaria Pinball, etc. directly from the systems view, avoiding databases and medias that must be updated every time they take out new tables.

This is possible in HyperSpin and I think it would be very interesting for PinballX

Normally I won't reply to a request, but if we don't have an database entry, but only launch the system, I'm not able to launch directly a table from FX3 or TPA etc. than you need in that system navigate to the table. I like the way it is now. But thats my opinion

That's why I say you have the option of marking it as executable or not.
As an executable you start the game directly ideal for Pro-Pinball and other single-table systems or when you don't want to put socks and databases.
And if you don't put it as executable, it would look like now, you have to put socks and databases.
This gives the option, to put it one way or another, you are not removing anything.

Ability to override the DirectB2S per table

I would like if it were possible to have the default setting of “Use DirectB2S in Front End” set to TRUE but override this on specific tables.  For example, I have backglass videos recorded for a table, but if the DirectB2S file exists, it displays this instead.  It’d like it to display this only if there is no video present, or have an option per table from the Game Settings command, so when I have a video, that is displayed instead.

Hey @Tom Speirs. I noticed since a couple of months that when I record a video through PinballX that the Teamviewer logo is on it. When launching PBX itself I don't see it.
is it possible for you to put the emulator (Visual Pinball preferred) on top, so I don't have to close Team viewer ?
On a 4k it is jus a small icon, but really annoying in videos :). Hope you can help me with it

temp.thumb.png.17aed566f8175e750c1cc10cf8382474.png  

temp.png.aee366019d47ffb7eee76d022b9d2ef9.png

• Like 1

@Mike_da_Spike i always close teamviewer when recording but will only work if you have keyboard / mouse attached to cabinet as it's possible teamviewer pops up a nag screen when closing and you need to be able to close it on the cabinet. I have no problem with that

6 hours ago, joyrider3774 said:

@Mike_da_Spike i always close teamviewer when recording but will only work if you have keyboard / mouse attached to cabinet as it's possible teamviewer pops up a nag screen when closing and you need to be able to close it on the cabinet. I have no problem with that

I ditched TeamViewer and switched to AnyDesk. Works way better with games etc. e.g PinballX/GameEx. No annoying popups etc at all. I even bought a license although its not required. Can highly recommend.

Parsec also works 100 times better for games/graphics and also does not have annoying popups either. Although requires decent GPUs.

• Thanks 1

will have to try anydesk then once. How does it work with multiple monitors ? can i see just like with teamviewer all monitors in one screen ? Btw the popup i'm refering to is a popup thats related to the free version of teamviewer and i'm not refering to the thingie mike da spike is showing in screenshot, i don't have such popups because i have a payed version of teamviewer from work but i do have that little button when teamviewer panel is minimized during a connection as well

and i indeed had problems with teamviewer having problems displaying pinballx sometimes not to mention crashes lately when working with multiple monitors 

9 minutes ago, joyrider3774 said:

will have to try anydesk then once. How does it work with multiple monitors ? can i see just like with teamviewer all monitors in one screen ? Btw the popup i'm refering to is a popup thats related to the free version of teamviewer and i'm not refering to the thingie mike da spike is showing in screenshot, i don't have such popups because i have a payed version of teamviewer from work but i do have that little button when teamviewer panel is minimized during a connection as well

and i indeed had problems with teamviewer having problems displaying pinballx sometimes not to mention crashes lately when working with multiple monitors 

What can I say - its what I use to connect to my cabs which have multi monitors.  Maybe paid TeamViewer is better, I cant comment on that. I have no little buttons or popups with anydesk, it uses a faster protocol and it even works behind two firewalls (eg shared building/campus wifi).

17 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

What can I say - its what I use to connect to my cabs which have multi monitors.  Maybe paid TeamViewer is better, I cant comment on that. I have no little buttons or popups with anydesk, it uses a faster protocol and it even works behind two firewalls (eg shared building wifi).

just tried anydesk, it does not have a way to view all 3 displays at once at least i can't find it and thats really handy to see dmd / topper backglass and playfield all at the same time. Anydesk is on my cabinet also very cpu intensive but so is teamviewer (50% off all my cpu power goes to it) only parsec did not seem to exhibit that problem but it's using the gpu todo it's encoding but parsec seems more oriented to gamers and had to select in settings which screen to view no quick select like in anydesk and teamviewer, it had also had some weird slowdown when dragging windows with mouse and did not react to alt + tab (my main pc instead pincab reacted to it) 

Do you know if anydesk can do this Pehaps it's only available in payed version? i only found how to show one screen at a time with anydesk
image.thumb.png.06fef23716c92b80a0ce2db6835109f6.png

image.png

I really don't know but I don't believe the paid version offers benefits in that area.

As you got the paid version of TeamViewer your probably best to stick with it but for anyone else Id ditch TeamViewer in a heartbeat unless there is a specific feature it has which is a must have.

I found a simple solution for Teamviewer :
On the cab I use the "Teamviewer Host"
This has a service running (TeamViewer).
Before I start the Video creation, I stop the Teamviewer service. This disconnects my session and the video's creating are good.
when this is finished, I start the service again and i can continue (only need to reconnect)

• Like 1