All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

Small request (Love the FE btw) . When the FE looks into the "tables" folder, is there any way it could look in sub folders also? I like to keep the tables in their own folder when the come with other stuff. Rules, read me file, music, textures....etc.

Thanks

Small feature request. In attract mode settings I'd like to be able to select random or alphabetical. I'd like to see the tables just tick right up the alphabet for attract.

Still would like to see the bar at the bottom go away. Table title is redundant, year is nice. At least after Speesoft and version number which could just be on pbx startup...

And be able to change menu to "by decade" "by manufacturer" "Originals"

And lastly, for now, it would be supercool to replace " loading" with flyer on pf and instruction card on bg. I got a few "likes" on that one already, holla!

Thx, pbx is awesome!

• Like 1

A way to customize the menu screen (ie 70's, 80's ect) to include/exclude certain items) maybe check boxes to include/exclude in setup program ??? I would like future pinball and visual pinball options also.

Also a way to include the menu screen or not upon launching of a table. If no menu upon launch just launch the table. Have a different key to bring up the option screen.

Thanks incredible work so far and such fast improvements and bug fixes!!!!!

Similar feedback here.

1) Rather than a 70s, 80s, 90s separate lists, I would prefer an "All tables sorted by Year list" (primary sort on year, then alpha sort secondary) Maybe have an option to enable 1) Separate decade lists, 2) Single list sorted by year or 3) No lists based on years

2) I would also like an additional key to launch table immediately instead of hitting the Select key twice which takes you into the menu list first.

• Like 2

Personally, I like the bottom bar, so if removing it is in the cards, then it should be a user option. Also, I would like the background color of the bottom bar and menu highlights.to be user-configurable (I would like mine red ;)).

How about in game manager when you hit the delete button it also removes all relevant files for that particular game.

You would have to have a confirmation dialog box just in case someone hits it by mistake. This would keep all your files nice and tidy.

Nelson

A utility similar to game manager that will spit out a list of the missing files for each table. I know you can look at it inside the program but it would be nice to have it spit out a text file so it makes it easier to check off the list once you download the appropriate images/videos. Trying to scroll thru 100 tables in game manager is sometimes cumbersome.

Maybe add an option to set the button repeat rate. Right now it's very easy to skip over tables because the left/right inputs are very sensitive, and anything slightly more than a quick tap can skip through 2 or 3 tables. It's not so bad using a keyboard, but for whatever reason I find when using a controller it's very easy to skip over titles.

• Like 1

How about the ability to edit the arc of the wheel. Although not much of an issue in cabinet mode, in desktop mode the wheel arc puts the current tables wheel image directly in the center of the screen, which ends up covering the table snap in the background. If we could change the arc of the wheel, those who wish could alter it so the arc is much shallower and wheel images end up closer to the bottom of the screen, allowing table snaps to be a bit more uncovered.

The ability to display separate lists for FP and VP tables. For example a selection/button for "Display FP Tables", "Display VP Tables" and "Display All".

Or a way to indicate on screen that a table is a VP or FP table.

It is a useful feature for those who use both FP and VP versions of the same table(s).

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe add an option to set the button repeat rate. Right now it's very easy to skip over tables because the left/right inputs are very sensitive, and anything slightly more than a quick tap can skip through 2 or 3 tables. It's not so bad using a keyboard, but for whatever reason I find when using a controller it's very easy to skip over titles.

I increased it in 1.46 by 100 ms or so. Ideally id like to make it the same as a standard keyboard repeat rate timer but I can find no info anywhere on what that is.

Its fine on my cab. I wonder if your controller is sending multiple up/downs?

I've got the opposite... Pressing R or L Shift (flipper buttons) on my keyboard (wireless USB), I can zip through the table selection if I hold the key down to long. When I press the flipper buttons on my cabinet, which are sent through the I-Pac (PS/2), I only go one table at a time (or skip through the alphabet with my nudge buttons). Holding the cabinet button does not keep the wheel continuously spinning.

Even if it's just a small icon in the corner, this would be a very helpful and worthy addition.

It would be really cool to have the table appear only once on the master wheel but be able to select fp or vp as default, preferably by table. Then when table is selected have:

Play Table (default)

Table Variations (fp, vp, night, ultra etc..)

Flyer/ins card

Tutorial/gameplay

By year

By manufacturer

I might be repeating myself... ;)