All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

1 hour ago, PcTeknic said:

Now that we can show the systems at the beginning, I think it would be very interesting that in the configuration of the systems we had the possibility of configuring the games either as systems or as executables.

The idea is to be able to open Steam games such as Pinball FX2, PinballFX3, Pinball Arcade, ProPinball, Zaccaria Pinball, etc. directly from the systems view, avoiding databases and medias that must be updated every time they take out new tables.

This is possible in HyperSpin and I think it would be very interesting for PinballX

Normally I won't reply to a request, but if we don't have an database entry, but only launch the system, I'm not able to launch directly a table from FX3 or TPA etc. than you need in that system navigate to the table. I like the way it is now. But thats my opinion

• 3 weeks later...

That's why I say you have the option of marking it as executable or not.
As an executable you start the game directly ideal for Pro-Pinball and other single-table systems or when you don't want to put socks and databases.
And if you don't put it as executable, it would look like now, you have to put socks and databases.
This gives the option, to put it one way or another, you are not removing anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Ability to override the DirectB2S per table

I would like if it were possible to have the default setting of “Use DirectB2S in Front End” set to TRUE but override this on specific tables.  For example, I have backglass videos recorded for a table, but if the DirectB2S file exists, it displays this instead.  It’d like it to display this only if there is no video present, or have an option per table from the Game Settings command, so when I have a video, that is displayed instead.

• 3 months later...

Hey @Tom Speirs. I noticed since a couple of months that when I record a video through PinballX that the Teamviewer logo is on it. When launching PBX itself I don't see it.
is it possible for you to put the emulator (Visual Pinball preferred) on top, so I don't have to close Team viewer ?
On a 4k it is jus a small icon, but really annoying in videos :). Hope you can help me with it

temp.thumb.png.17aed566f8175e750c1cc10cf8382474.png  

temp.png.aee366019d47ffb7eee76d022b9d2ef9.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, joyrider3774 said:

@Mike_da_Spike i always close teamviewer when recording but will only work if you have keyboard / mouse attached to cabinet as it's possible teamviewer pops up a nag screen when closing and you need to be able to close it on the cabinet. I have no problem with that

I ditched TeamViewer and switched to AnyDesk. Works way better with games etc. e.g PinballX/GameEx. No annoying popups etc at all. I even bought a license although its not required. Can highly recommend.

Parsec also works 100 times better for games/graphics and also does not have annoying popups either. Although requires decent GPUs.

• Thanks 1

will have to try anydesk then once. How does it work with multiple monitors ? can i see just like with teamviewer all monitors in one screen ? Btw the popup i'm refering to is a popup thats related to the free version of teamviewer and i'm not refering to the thingie mike da spike is showing in screenshot, i don't have such popups because i have a payed version of teamviewer from work but i do have that little button when teamviewer panel is minimized during a connection as well

and i indeed had problems with teamviewer having problems displaying pinballx sometimes not to mention crashes lately when working with multiple monitors 

9 minutes ago, joyrider3774 said:

will have to try anydesk then once. How does it work with multiple monitors ? can i see just like with teamviewer all monitors in one screen ? Btw the popup i'm refering to is a popup thats related to the free version of teamviewer and i'm not refering to the thingie mike da spike is showing in screenshot, i don't have such popups because i have a payed version of teamviewer from work but i do have that little button when teamviewer panel is minimized during a connection as well

and i indeed had problems with teamviewer having problems displaying pinballx sometimes not to mention crashes lately when working with multiple monitors 

What can I say - its what I use to connect to my cabs which have multi monitors.  Maybe paid TeamViewer is better, I cant comment on that. I have no little buttons or popups with anydesk, it uses a faster protocol and it even works behind two firewalls (eg shared building/campus wifi).

17 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

What can I say - its what I use to connect to my cabs which have multi monitors.  Maybe paid TeamViewer is better, I cant comment on that. I have no little buttons or popups with anydesk, it uses a faster protocol and it even works behind two firewalls (eg shared building wifi).

just tried anydesk, it does not have a way to view all 3 displays at once at least i can't find it and thats really handy to see dmd / topper backglass and playfield all at the same time. Anydesk is on my cabinet also very cpu intensive but so is teamviewer (50% off all my cpu power goes to it) only parsec did not seem to exhibit that problem but it's using the gpu todo it's encoding but parsec seems more oriented to gamers and had to select in settings which screen to view no quick select like in anydesk and teamviewer, it had also had some weird slowdown when dragging windows with mouse and did not react to alt + tab (my main pc instead pincab reacted to it) 

Do you know if anydesk can do this Pehaps it's only available in payed version? i only found how to show one screen at a time with anydesk
image.thumb.png.06fef23716c92b80a0ce2db6835109f6.png

image.png

I really don't know but I don't believe the paid version offers benefits in that area.

As you got the paid version of TeamViewer your probably best to stick with it but for anyone else Id ditch TeamViewer in a heartbeat unless there is a specific feature it has which is a must have.

I found a simple solution for Teamviewer :
On the cab I use the "Teamviewer Host"
This has a service running (TeamViewer).
Before I start the Video creation, I stop the Teamviewer service. This disconnects my session and the video's creating are good.
when this is finished, I start the service again and i can continue (only need to reconnect)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

is it possible to modify PinballX in order to get the sound working during all the time while table is loading ?

Currently,  PinballX plays only the audio during 3 or 4 seconds with the audio launch.

PS: I'm using  the scutters's PinballX Loading Video plugin.

Related thread:

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/23127-plugin-pinballx-loading-video-image-changer-de-randomiser-v2/?tab=comments#comment-193796

• 4 weeks later...

Can the Company overlay options be changed to use the old png images rather than the first frame of a gif (if used)?. The first frame of gif isn't always suitable to use as a static image for the wheel overlay option. This could be done with a new media folder 'company overlay logos' (like systems have a folder 'system overlay logos')

I guess another option would be to place in the gif a 0ms delay frame as it's first frame holding an image more suitable to display as a wheel overlay - but a 0ms frame is displayed very quickly as part of the gif animation rather than just being skipped, so that has other issues.

Hope that makes sense. Anyway, thanks for animated gif possibilities in the front end Tom!

EDIT - This was fixed in PinballX v4.33. Thanks Tom! :)

Edited by scutters
Fixed!
  • Like 1

Hello, easy feature request.  Right now Pinballx opens to where it was closed.  It would be cool if I could tell Pinballx where to open(i.e. a specific favorite table) I think it would have to open based on rating and table because I typically have it open to rating 5 tables which are all my best tables.  Can this be added easy?  

Hi there. I've got a feature request that I think should be pretty simple:

Allow the exclusion of a prefix of  "The" from the alphabetical sort order of tables.

That would allow The Flintstones, The Shadow, The Rolling Stones, The Lord of the Rings, The Addams Family, The Simpsons, The Sopranos, The Walking Dead, The Web, and countless other tables to appear somewhere other than clumped together under T. 

Edit: ... while still appearing as "The Flintstones" and not "Flintstones, The"

• 3 weeks later...

Now that we have the systems on startup, there is a small detail that I think would be interesting to add.

When we are in the list of systems, PinballX shows the Backglass, Playfield, DMD and Audio that we have as - system - in the respective folders, but it does not do the same with the image of the wheel, for this image it shows the images of the folder System Logos.

I think System Logos images should show them in table info box or overlay on wheel images if this feature is enabled.

1785400998_SystemLogos.jpg.789e19db19871996e15994d928810e59.jpg

For these images they are usually put original logos and any of those two sites look great.

1936721841_VisualPinball.png.9609a1f130c90517d94ae268508ba625.png

However the images of the wheel that shows when we are in the systems view, should be loaded from the - system -.png of the Wheel Images folder of each system, this would allow us to use Wheels in the MegaDocklet or Megaball style in the systems view , without changing the system logos shown in the information.

721359578_VisualPinball.png.c6880d1e906ca5007f07406160c26266.png 

VisualMDocklet.thumb.png.9bac18de6d1061420da0602b800d50d9.png

MegaDocklets or Megaballs do not look good in the information box as they are circular.

------------------------------------

Ahora que tenemos los sistemas en inicio, hay un pequeño detalle que creo que sería interesante añadirlo.

Cuando estamos en la lista de sistemas, PinballX muestra el Backglass, Playfield, DMD y Audio que tengamos como - system - en las respectivas carpetas, pero no hace lo mismo con la imagen de la rueda, para esta imagen muestra las imágenes de la carpeta System Logos.

Creo que las imágenes de System Logos debería mostrarlas en el recuadro de información de la mesa o en la superposición sobre las imágenes de la rueda, si se tiene activada esta característica.

Para estas imágenes se suelen ponerlos logos originales (rectangulares) y quedan genial cualquiera de esos dos sitios.

Sin embargo las imágenes de la rueda que muestre cuando estamos en la vista de sistemas, deberían cargarse desde el - system -.png de la carpeta Wheel Images de cada sistema, esto nos permitiría usar Wheels al estilo MegaDocklet o Megaball en la vista de sistemas, sin cambiar los logos de sistema que se muestran en la información.

Los MegaDocklets o Megaballs no quedan bien en el recuadro de información al ser circulares.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can animated png support be added as well as gif for media files?, maybe just using .apng as file extension to easily distinguish apng from png files.

It would offer better support for transparency in animations.

Edit - Apng support added in PBX V4.75. Thanks Tom

see https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/25480-heads-up-apng-support-incoming/

Edited by scutters
Edit note

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there!

Would it be possible to allow any hight for the underlay image? I made this one and can't use or upload it for others because it get's squeezed. It has a bit of reflections and smoked glass to make the big wheel image stand out more. There is also more room for the small wheel images to make sure they fit inside.

Thanks!

PinballX Underlay Render - 03.jpg

PinballX Underlay Wood fertig - 01.jpg

• Like 1

Would it be possible to have another media folder, Table Logos or something like that - which would allow media in the same formats as the Wheels folder and would be used in a similar way, except the Logo if found would be displayed in the Additional Detail area instead of the current Gamer Description text. If no logo is found then display game description text as now.

A quick and dirty example..

Now (or if no logo image found)                                                                                                         with table logo image

GLnow.png.87638155b1492ab0fb5ecba1b0114c8c.png GLnew.png.756d000092de38cdf921fb656674ac4e.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 7:56 PM, Schreibi34 said:

Hey there!

Would it be possible to allow any hight for the underlay image? I made this one and can't use or upload it for others because it get's squeezed. It has a bit of reflections and smoked glass to make the big wheel image stand out more. There is also more room for the small wheel images to make sure they fit inside.

Thanks!

PinballX Underlay Render - 03.jpg

PinballX Underlay Wood fertig - 01.jpg

@Tom Speirs

Hey Tom,

a simple "No, not on my list" would be OK for me so i can just forget about this. PinballX is great as it is. I know there is no real need for this feature.

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Schreibi34 said:

@Tom Speirs

Hey Tom,

a simple "No, not on my list" would be OK for me so i can just forget about this. PinballX is great as it is. I know there is no real need for this feature.

Thanks!

It just draws it to fit the size of the display. So you can simply make the image smaller to stretch it,