All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

I personally would like the option to be able to choose a different loading screen image per table. So when you select a table, you get a loading screen which is related to that specific table instead of a generic one. As far as I can tell, this is not possible at the moment. Maybe have a button for each table in the game manager to browse for a loading image to use.

Not sure how hard it would be to implement or how much desire there is for this feature from other users but just thought I'd throw the idea on here as it's something I've been looking to do.

Greetings!

I bought my first Vpin Cabinet from Brad at VPCabs over the summer.  I subscribed to GameX annual service and it's been great!  I've been loving the experience and have spent more hours on it than any game console in years.  As I had Brad build a custom HORROR themed cabinet for me, I'd like to make some custom lists so that I can easily get to specific types of tables that I'd group together....in this case "Horror/Scary" themed tables.  Marvel or SuperHero tables would be another useful way to group games including tables from FX2/3.

Anyways: I know I can create a group and lists for each of the systems that have horror tables and then use that as a means to what I'm after.  My question is, can you guys add a simple feature to game manager that would do the following:

For any game (regardless of the system) you'd see a drop down or pop-out that shows the list of available custom game lists.  Each has a checkbox.  By checking the box, your newly added game (or existing game) xml data is copied to the associated custom lists so that you can EASILY and QUICKLY manage games and lists at the same time?

As an alternative, maybe allow the custom list manager to update or sync with the system game list so that adds and deletes are available to bring into the group manager feature.  

Thanks for any info....this would be a HUGE help to those of us with a ton of tables.  Thanks guys,

Dave

VPCabs loaded Wizard pics below

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_4547.JPG

IMG_9622.JPG

Hello

I have a resquest please,

Actually i use my home computer only for game. I want use pinballx for launch my games (no pinball) exemple : " tomb raider, forza, crysis, DBZ xenoverse.....

Because i use steam , origin , windows store. ....... etc 

And nothing existing to lauch all games under universal launcher !!! 

If you can created a universal lauchner based on pinballx that great because we can personalise wheel picture and "playfield" .

Call this launcherX.

Its just idée but i am sure than all gamers use this

Still sorry for my bad english.... it not easy to explain.....

Thanks you guys

1 hour ago, sebastien said:

Hello

I have a resquest please,

Actually i use my home computer only for game. I want use pinballx for launch my games (no pinball) exemple : " tomb raider, forza, crysis, DBZ xenoverse.....

Because i use steam , origin , windows store. ....... etc 

And nothing existing to lauch all games under universal launcher !!! 

If you can created a universal lauchner based on pinballx that great because we can personalise wheel picture and "playfield" .

Call this launcherX.

Its just idée but i am sure than all gamers use this

Still sorry for my bad english.... it not easy to explain.....

Thanks you guys

Not quite what you had in mind, but an alternative:

Used in conjunction with PinballX and...

If you do not have a dedicated pincab and are running a landscape configuration on your main monitor, then this combination may be your best bet.

Suggestion:  on Front-End... Adding Assignable buttons (2) that will be "Next" Custom Group and "Previous" Group.  

going through many custom lists/groups would be easier with using just my two nudge keys....it should roll-over when you get to last group back to first group (vice-versa).

If there are no more button assignments available,  I'd give an option that next page/prior page be next/previous group.

In addition to automatic filters, I’d like to have the option to create automatic groups by fields already present in the database XMLs, like type, year, system, etc. I manage several groups manually today (eg EM, DMD and SS tables). I’d be also cool to add a “Favorite” checkbox for tables in game manager that automatically populates a “Favorites” group across all systems (I have been managing this by creatint a favorite XML for each system, a Favorites group and duplicating the entries for my favorite tables).

thanks,

pablo.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Playing YouTube videos directly under DirectX is tricky unless there is something I don't know about. Does the PinUpPlayer play youtube videos directly from YouTube?

As a Lifetime member you should have a license to Convert-It which should allow you to download YouTube videos. Although anything of any value should already be on the FTP.

I have a simple enhancement request, Tom :)

I'd like to be able to play whatever kind of sound I want for the UI sounds; it appears it will only play stereo, not multichannel. I want to trigger exciters (PMD Setup) for haptics as I navigate thru. ala DOF. 

I tried replacing the defaults with multichannel versions. Everything I tried them with played fine, except Pinball X

Thanks!

Edited by misterkai
Typonese -> English :)

Tom, would you be open to have monthly polls for users to vote for their favorite ERs ? we can keep a log of "clean" requests (maybe you already do, from the dozens of messages in this thread :-) ), then pick a dozen or so at a time and put them to a vote... I'm not sure individual messages in this thread convey the desire of many users for specific ERs... I only know I'm very interested in the ones I sent ;-)

• Like 1

On 8/26/2017 at 10:59 AM, Tom Speirs said:
On 8/25/2017 at 3:30 PM, Wob said:
On 7/20/2017 at 8:39 AM, Iain1986 said:

2 - Separate button/input for Show Info/Filters etc. I love one click launch, but then you can't have filters. Ideally I want 1 button on the front of my Cabinet to "Start" and one to show the Info Menu

I can see this request in the thread a number of times, myself included, and it always gets a few +1's. Any chance it has reached a point where it will be considered?

Wob

Yes it has. Will do when I get time.

Hi Tom, 

Don't want to be a nag, but just wondering if the above feature request has made any ground?

Wob

I'm not sure if this has been requested before, but would it be possible to increase the limit on the number of images that can be read from the Company Logo media folder. The limit seems to be 60. While I realize this seems like more than enough, I am actually at the limit as I have multiple manufacturer logos for many of the companies based on time period. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

One other request. Can we get an update to file matching. It has become my nemesis in PinballX. The dilemma I have is when it comes to table naming I have a system that file matching sometimes stumbles on. My format is...

table_name (manufacturer year) author version 

eg. Ali (Stern 1980) JPSalas v1.3

The problem I have is that with file matching off I have to name may media files exactingly. This creates a real hassle because if I update a table I also have to change the name on every related file. 

Conversely, with file matching on I'm theoretically able to just name my media files "Ali (Stern 2003)" and it should match. This works fine except when there are similar file names. For instance PinballX matches "Ali" to "Alien Star" on instruction card....and don't even get me started with all the tables that start with the word "Black." For some reason, once file matching hits a space in the table name it's hit and miss on matching the following unique characters.

I'm almost to the point where I have to name the tables simply like "Ali (Stern 1980)" and keep track of the version info in a spreadsheet which I don't really want to do.

If this has been addressed before I apologize. Thanks.

Not much can be done to improve on the file matching. Part of the issue is the OS. It is either file matching on or off or renaming files to ensure exact naming. This has been brought up quite a few times and it is as good as it gets.