All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

Please post your PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests here for tracking by the author. Bug/Setup Issues should still be posted as separate threads within the forum. Thanks!

• Like 1

Feature Request. Skinnable Background Wheel Image (an underlay to the wheel icons).

Similar to Hyperpin which allows a user-defined wheel image to be used by placing an image called underlay.png in the Hyperpin-\Media-\Images folder. The Hyperpin image size requirement is 193 x 720 although 1080p would be nicer.. You will see part of the wheel is semi-transparent.

Here is an example image created by someone at VPForums as I don't have any graphics skills. I do not own this image although it could be used for testing.

http://vpforums.org/...9/underlay1.png

Related thread:

http://www.vpforums....e=5#entry132895

• Like 1

Very simple request for the Full Screen table image grabs. Could these be made and flip the image for us because otherwise it's making more work.

Currently - Load table, take screenshot, close Pinball X, Browse to screen grab folder, rotate the image, move the image into correct directory.

Just to be able to take the screenshot and have that all done for you would be nice. If table image allready exists , "table description"_1, "table description"_2 or if exits any extra go into screen grabs.

• Like 2

For tables that don't have a B2S or UVP backglass it would be good to display the static backglass from the media directory. I think it did this prior to version 1.21 before the back glass was blacked out, but now the blackglass shows as black.

• Like 1

My mistake.

1 - Custom scaling of backglass images and videos for specific tables, as per my posts here: http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/12903-custom-setup-clear-backglass/#entry104542

Sorry to bang on about this, but it would look so much better if everything is displayed at the correct aspect ratio.

2 - Don't scroll / fade the table name at the bottom of the screen if it is short enough to fit on the screen.

3 - Hide the mouse pointer so it doesn't sit in the middle of the screen while LOADING is displayed (and sometime stays visible after the table has launched).

4 - Option to set which screen to display instructions and flyer on. At the moment the instructions appear on the playfield and backglass at the same time, whereas the flyer only appears on the playfield. (Also the instructions currently stay on the backglass until I move to another table.)

Could the horizontal version of the the underlay have a full screen image support, or have a default table image.

I would like to use this image because I don't use any table images.

27iht57h0pqpq4r6g.jpg

A way to customize the menu screen (ie 70's, 80's ect) to include/exclude certain items) maybe check boxes to include/exclude in setup program ??? I would like future pinball and visual pinball options also.

Also a way to include the menu screen or not upon launching of a table. If no menu upon launch just launch the table. Have a different key to bring up the option screen.

Thanks incredible work so far and such fast improvements and bug fixes!!!!!

• Like 2

Feature Request: Add Auto-Update prompt

With the number of updates being pushed, it would be a great benefit to the end-user to be able to receive a notification within the FE whenever a new update is available and have the option to initiate or decline.

Auto-update check/prompt to be able to switch off for those with cabs with no internet access (ie: so program doesn't waste time looking for an internet connection that is never there. :)

The feature being requested is similar to what already exists in GameEx and would be enabled/disabled via the Setup Wizard. B)

• Like 1

New Feature Request - Themed Wheel Underlay Depending on Filter Selection

Ability to show a different underlay.png for each filter selected from the wheel.

This way we can have a themed wheel depending on which manufacturer, decade, favourite list we are viewing.

The default underlay.png could be used if nothing defined.

The png file name could simply be the name of the filter selected from the menu.

underlay_60s.png

underlay_70s.png

underlay_80s.png

underlay_90s.png

underlay_Bally.png

underlay_Gottlieb.png

underlay_Williams.png

underlay_EMs.png (user-defined favourite XML)

underlay_SolidState.png (user-defined favourite XML)

underlay_DMD.png (user-defined favourite XML)

Very rough example attached for Gottlieb.

post-17164-0-28335400-1370175992_thumb.j

• Like 1

FEATURE REQUEST

Allow PinballX to not overwrite images that may be customized (Loading, etc.) when a new version is downloaded and installed (or if an auto-update feature is added).

• Like 1

This can be accomplished through the plugin system if someone codes the appropriate plugin.

Yes. I was just mentioning that in my reply but I don't know .net.

Basicly you would want it to work just like your speech tool. It really would need to be tested for speed but in my experience for things like this its fine. I've had big problems with speed on my VP table though.

Hyperdmd scenes can be called on the fly, I've done it with wheels before , same applies with vids.

Edit: I'll add that it really is only simple commands sent to it but it's best as an activex object.

For cabinets users with a second screen for backglass it would be very usefull to be able to chose the location of the XML file and all artwork folders (backglass, tables, wheels....)

or else we have some duplicates folders..... as I explain in the picture.

pinballx01.jpg

For cabinets users with a second screen for backglass it would be very usefull to be able to chose the location of the XML file and all artwork folders (backglass, tables, wheels....)

or else we have some duplicates folders..... as I explain in the picture.

pinballx01.jpg

use the direct b2s Server at vpforums it supports almost all the backglasses for cabinet tables, i think herweh is the author of the program ,you can then lose uvp,s as everything is put into the tables directory...i hope this helps

Nelson

• 2 weeks later...

Feature Request: ability to define two keys to increase/decrease windows volume (which works in PinballX and while a table is loaded).

I currently launch a simple AHK script via the VP 'launchbefore' options to set two AHK hotkeys to control the windows VolumeUp and VolumeDown. This is handy as it controls both the VP table volume, VPinMame volume, and other Pinball Sim volumes all in one.

• Like 1