All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Emulator setup help

axl

Hey! I am working on a project here and am trying to figure out how to get the game to automatically boot when selected. In GameEx, I have gone into the setup wizard and have set up MAME. It works 100%. Now when I set up other emulators (ex. Nintendo, Sega, Atari, etc), they don't run properly. I have set up everything the same way: the working path, ROM path and the command line - the .exe for that emulator. When I go back into GameEx, when I go to the emulated games, I can see the console/emulator. I can see the game list (ROMs) but when I select a game, it boots up the emulator and then I have to choose "open file and run ROM". I don't want that. I want the game to boot straight from the GameEx menu. I don't want to have to choose the game from GameEx then have to choose the game again in the emulator. Thanks!

6 hours ago, axl said:

Hey! I am working on a project here and am trying to figure out how to get the game to automatically boot when selected. In GameEx, I have gone into the setup wizard and have set up MAME. It works 100%. Now when I set up other emulators (ex. Nintendo, Sega, Atari, etc), they don't run properly. I have set up everything the same way: the working path, ROM path and the command line - the .exe for that emulator. When I go back into GameEx, when I go to the emulated games, I can see the console/emulator. I can see the game list (ROMs) but when I select a game, it boots up the emulator and then I have to choose "open file and run ROM". I don't want that. I want the game to boot straight from the GameEx menu. I don't want to have to choose the game from GameEx then have to choose the game again in the emulator. Thanks!

Are you trying to setup in GameEx or GameEx Evolution?

Since you haven't noted which emulators you are attempting to stand up, check the referenced page for command lines. Granted this is dated, but still a valuable starting point.

Hey thanks! I had checked off "notify me of replies" but didn't get an email that you wrote back but being a newbie, I may have done something wrong  :) The emulators, basically all of the consoles... Thanks for the link above! I'll check it out! If I'm still having problems afterwards, I'll write back!

56 minutes ago, axl said:

The emulators, basically all of the consoles... 

Being specific about which emulator for which console is crucial. Some consoles have multiple emulators and some emulators support multiple consoles.

Where would I find this info? How do I get there? I'm a real newbie at this... I've been creating my arcade from watching YouTube videos lol And everything has been working out until this part... trying to launch the games straight from MAME... I appreciate all your help with this! Thanks!

Start here. This thread will tell you what we require from you and provide links as to where to find the files we need to see where you are in your setup and what is needed to get you past where you are at present.

While a bit dated, we also have a Wiki that can be of help as well and the basics still hold true today...

http://gameex.info/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Second, read this thread and use as a reference for your command line. Given some if the noted deficiencies, you may wish to consider changing to Stella...