All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEX AE Setup

madmic

After being suggested by Draco1962 I decided to go with GameEX AE. Loving it. Looks great, runs great. Less work than original GameEX. I've also did a custom install of an Ultra Wide monitor as a marquee on my cabinet. I'm running the marquee masher software and loving that also. Hardest thing about that is coming up with marquee designs for ones that I can't find. I have one thing I would like to change and wondering if it is possible. If it is, could somebody point me in the right direction. On the main wheel screen and the individual game screen right under the video window it shows the marquee or sometimes it's the flyer from the game. If possible I Would like to not have that display at all. Sometimes the image is big enough where the game info text that shows is over the top of it, making it difficult to read. I attached a picture. 
Thanks for any help/input. 

0412192156a.jpg

It looks like it is displaying marquees in the spot you indicate. I do not use Marquee Masher, so I don't know if what I am going to suggest is possible.

My suggestion, if Marquee Masher allows you to point to the path of your marquees, do so. Then, within the GameEx Arcade MAME settings, point the marquees path to an empty folder or remove the path altogether.

Let me know if this works.

• Like 1

Marquee location is assigned in Marquee Masher. I created a blank folder and pointed the marquee path to the empty folder and it looks like it just finds out it's blank and moved onto displaying flyers. I don't want to change that at all because for now I like when you pick a game you can view all the info/images. Maybe at some point I would change that but for now...... Thanks for the reply. Didn't realize you answered until just now. 

Not completely the way I would like it but if I change the marquee folder path to an empty one it shows game flyers. They take up more screen space and the Game description/rating that pops up kinda gets lost in front of it. At least if it's showing the marquee image it doesn't always do this. That video marquee really added a big Wow to my cabinet. Between the marquee, the logo floating in the background, the logo on the wheel and the video snap I just don't feel the need of the other image showing up. I'll tinker with it here and there and see if I can get it to just show up blank. It's all running so good I don't want to go in and mess anything up. Maybe I should take some time to actually play a few games. :lol:

In my setup, I disabled the pop-up description (via edit of the gameex.ini) as I found it to be a little distracting with the video themes running in the background.  I also have a default video theme running for those games that do not have one created for them.