All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PBX to VP9 to PBX in endless loop

londo

The 2nd time trying to see if it happens again

1} I start PBX  2) I exit PBX  3) then it loads a table and and runs it with VP9 by itself 4) I exit vp9 and PBX is not running when vp9 is running 5) Then PBX loads --->go to step 2   --->endless loop reset computer to get out of loop  : note i never loaded a table on PBX.  This in on a bench with a keyboard. I resent the English comment

Few questions;

Is this a new build issue or something that started happening recently?

Is pinballx running as admin?

How are buttons / keys mapped in visual pinball?, and is the Disable Esc Key checked or unchecked (visual pinball -> Preferences -> Keys). If unchecked try it checked

Edit - sorry should have noticed before, in the ini file there's a few things mapped to the return button under [keycodes] - in Keyboard Input Settings change the Launch option to another button and see if that clears the issue

its a new build had to reinstall Motherboard gave up the ghost . it is running as admin. esc key is unchecked tryed it checked no change. changed the launch option no change. not that far into the install I'm got to uninstall and reinstall .

Thanks for the time and input

Hmm, i was sure it was the multi mapping of the return key to different functions as it made sense (you hit return to confirm/Select Exit but the same key is mapped to Launch and that starts a table), i could also reproduce that behaviour..

Next suggestion is to go back to Keyboard Input Settings and change all buttons so none of the others map to the same key as the Select function (you have Select, Launch & Plunger mapped to the same key);

[KeyCodes]
quit=27
left=160
right=161
select=13
rotate=82
pageleft=33
pageright=34
exitemulator=27
ingame=80
screenshot=83
capturevideos=86