All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex 14.50 Wizard not saving settings

repetto74

Hi,

I have an issue with Gameex version 14.50 running in my cab under XP. Actually the Wizard is not saving any of my settings. I have a bunch of emulators configured but I do not use them so in order to speed up the loading time at start-up I do not want this emulator to show up in Gameex but unthicking them in the wizard emulator list will not disable them when launching Gameex. 

I did not upgrade to the last version of Gameex due to hardware limitation, the cab is now fine-tuned and want to keep things as is.

Not much can be done if the Setup Wizard is not functioning properly for an older version. 

You have two options:

1 - Upgrade which you've already noted is a non-option.

2 - Manually edit the gameex.ini file in a text editor and change the Enabled line for the emulator from True to False.

Hi Tom,

Hardware is a standard PC config of 2004 with 2 megabytes of RAM and ArcadeVGA card running under XP. It took me a while setting al this up and I really do not want to start again it does not worth the job.

Hi Draco,

It is 2GB of course sorry :-). So I have edited the Gameex.ini and could disable all the emulators previously configured. I still have some GameBase packages which will still show on but does not know where to look into this very long .ini file 

EDIT: I did a quick search with the text editor search box and found Gamebase enable TRUE/FALSE.