All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

black backglass during loading table

qcol

Hi

When I run the table, on the playfield I have a beautiful loading image, but bad things happen on the backlass. The backglass gets black until the game is loaded, when it starts B2S. 
What to do to keep the backglass video until it is replaced by the B2S screen?

Besides, the VPX window still runs on backglass, although I regularly drag it on playfield, it returns to backglass. Then it looks terrible on backglass when loading the game. 

What to do?

One thing you can try is in Game Manager unselect the 'hide backglass' option, this will mean that the backglass video will continue to run (so no black backglass screen during load) and then the B2S will load over the top. It will mean that the backglass video will continue to run in the background so i assume it carries some overhead - but i've been running like this for a while and not noticed an impact on my setup.

If that works and doesn't affect gameplay then the easiest way to change the setting for all tables is to open the system .xml file in notepad and do a find and replace to update the entry for all (but make a backup copy first!)

At this point you may want to attach (not copy & paste) copies of your log.txt and pinballx.ini files. Also, if you haven't done so already, please download and install the latest version of PinballX prior to providing copies of the files. Thanks.

I don't know if it's a feature request. What does it look like in your case? Do you also have a black screen on the backglass while loading the game? Maybe everyone has it, but it only bothers me?  :)

Lol. It don't bother me. I see indeed multiple screens from pinbalx when loading a table. The backglass video dissapears when my loading gif is launching.

I play a game on the cabinet and don't look further on background processes. Doflinx is also loaded and has a screen. But never shows on playfield or backglass for me

18 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

At this point you may want to attach (not copy & paste) copies of your log.txt and pinballx.ini files. Also, if you haven't done so already, please download and install the latest version of PinballX prior to providing copies of the files. Thanks.

Tap-tap-tap... is this thing on?

4 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Lol. It don't bother me. I see indeed multiple screens from pinbalx when loading a table. The backglass video dissapears when my loading gif is launching.

I play a game on the cabinet and don't look further on background processes. Doflinx is also loaded and has a screen. But never shows on playfield or backglass for me

Black background doesn't upset me so much (although it could display video there until the animated B2S window is loaded), the worst as the VPX window appears on the backglass instead of being hidden under the "loading" screen on the playfield. I know that this is not directly a PinballX problem (rather Windows) but I don't know why, the VPX window still returns to backglass :( None of you had a similar problem? 

Thanks for attaching the files. I think you are cybernetic AI from the future looking for Sarah Connor...

13:20:45.3  06.04.2019:  PinballX - Version 3.37
13:20:45.4  06.04.2019:  Windows 10 Home 64-bitowy (8GB)

I don't think that matters, but can cause problems with programs that are dependent upon correct time.

12 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

Thanks for attaching the files. I think you are cybernetic AI from the future looking for Sarah Connor...

I don't think that matters, but can cause problems with programs that are dependent upon correct time.

I don't see anything strange here? :)
https://time.is/pl/Poland

3 minutes ago, qcol said:

I don't see anything strange here? :)
https://time.is/pl/Poland

17 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

I understand.... You confuse the day with the month ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

Just one of those Americanisms. If we can't handle a proper date, we're in no position to consider the metric system. :P

Never mind then.. nothing stood out to me in the log file. Maybe someone will see something in the pinballx.ini that could br tweaked.

On 4/6/2019 at 4:26 PM, qcol said:

. I know that this is not directly a PinballX problem (rather Windows) but I don't know why, the VPX window still returns to backglass :( None of you had a similar problem? 

Not had problem of VPX loading on backglass but i'd check playfield is set as main display in windows.

Same here, mine always loads from screen 1 play-field, even if i launch from a different screen it all works as it should, so must be a setting in VPX ? Maybe post your VPX settings. ( what version are you using 10.6 beta ? )

Maybe try altering screens in PBX to 0 for PF and 1 for backglass as VPX might just load to 1st virtual screen ( 0 ) currently your backglass.

I think the problem has been solved. Probably because of TeamViewer. Since I uninstalled it and replaced it with Anydesk, the problem has disappeared. The position of the VPX window is remembered and now it always starts from the Playfield screen. I will be watching, but it looks like it is already OK.