SpesoftPinballXConvert-It
Avenger

Setting a multi-part ROM Path for mame

I want to add a path like C:\Roms;C:\Chds1;C:\Chds2 After I added the rom part,it took a long time to verify the roms.  I added a semi-colon and chose the second directory using “...” button but it seemed to replace the first directory instead of appending to the path.  Am I doing something wrong?  Also does it have to verify each time?  Sorry for having an issue so early on.

I don't think multiple rom paths are supported in Evo yet.

It will verify on change of rom path. I released 1.04 yesterday which speeds up the verify a lot.

14 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

I don't think multiple rom paths are supported in Evo yet.

It will verify on change of rom path. I released 1.04 yesterday which speeds up the verify a lot.

Okay.  Usually CHD files go into a different directory.  Can I put them in the same directory as the normal name roms?  No name conflicts?

Edit: is there a path for the categories.ini file so you can set use the mame categories for filtering in evo?  Is this supported?  I believe it is called categories.ini.  In Gameex I know it is supported.

5 hours ago, Avenger said:

Okay.  Usually CHD files go into a different directory.  Can I put them in the same directory as the normal name roms?  No name conflicts?

Edit: is there a path for the categories.ini file so you can set use the mame categories for filtering in evo?  Is this supported?  I believe it is called categories.ini.  In Gameex I know it is supported.

I think I was thinking of catver.ini.  Does evo support the categories?

In my (somewhat long) experience Ive never had an issue having one rom folder. Its fine,

Yes, it has category support by default.