All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Setting a multi-part ROM Path for mame

Avenger

I want to add a path like C:\Roms;C:\Chds1;C:\Chds2 After I added the rom part,it took a long time to verify the roms.  I added a semi-colon and chose the second directory using “...” button but it seemed to replace the first directory instead of appending to the path.  Am I doing something wrong?  Also does it have to verify each time?  Sorry for having an issue so early on.

14 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

I don't think multiple rom paths are supported in Evo yet.

It will verify on change of rom path. I released 1.04 yesterday which speeds up the verify a lot.

Okay.  Usually CHD files go into a different directory.  Can I put them in the same directory as the normal name roms?  No name conflicts?

Edit: is there a path for the categories.ini file so you can set use the mame categories for filtering in evo?  Is this supported?  I believe it is called categories.ini.  In Gameex I know it is supported.

5 hours ago, Avenger said:

Okay.  Usually CHD files go into a different directory.  Can I put them in the same directory as the normal name roms?  No name conflicts?

Edit: is there a path for the categories.ini file so you can set use the mame categories for filtering in evo?  Is this supported?  I believe it is called categories.ini.  In Gameex I know it is supported.

I think I was thinking of catver.ini.  Does evo support the categories?