All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How is the new 1.03? Should I migrate?

Avenger

I setup a win2 mini pc with gameex a while ago but got out of gaming for a while.  It has a mame set with all the cab files that are deemed working.  Not too old a set.  Is evolution polished enough now to give it a try?  I assume the presentation is better.  How is the UI speed in 1.03?   Also when I buy a lifetime license, it includes evo, correct?

4 hours ago, Avenger said:

I setup a win2 mini pc with gameex a while ago but got out of gaming for a while.  It has a mame set with all the cab files that are deemed working.  Not too old a set.  Is evolution polished enough now to give it a try?  I assume the presentation is better.  How is the UI speed in 1.03?   Also when I buy a lifetime license, it includes evo, correct?

I think its worth you giving it a try. Presentation is way better and the speed is good on a modern CPU.

You can try it without purchasing but yes.

13 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

I think its worth you giving it a try. Presentation is way better and the speed is good on a modern CPU.

You can try it without purchasing but yes.

The Gameex and Evolution installations are completely independent, correct?  I can have them both on the same PC?  The processor is a little slow, a core M3 since it is a small portable PC but I can give it a go.

I do need to do some testing on lower end hardware myself. I don't know quite how well it perform. 

Certainly no harm in you firing it up though.

It shouldn't mess with existing installations and any other dependencies from Microsoft will already be installed if you are using PinballX or GameEx already.

1 hour ago, Tom Speirs said:

I do need to do some testing on lower end hardware myself. I don't know quite how well it perform. 

Certainly no harm in you firing it up though.

It shouldn't mess with existing installations and any other dependencies from Microsoft will already be installed if you are using PinballX or GameEx already.

4 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

All GameEx installations are independent and installed within their own paths so having all 3 on the same PC is a non-issue.

Okay if it won’t interfere with anything, I’ll try it out.  I have to look at my current configuration.  I forgot how I set it up.  I’ll let you know how the interface runs.  Generally, the GPD Win 2 runs games that are a few years old okay as well as less demanding ones.  It has 8 gigs of memory I think, so memory shouldn’t be an issue.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been away for a while too. I have a couple of working gameex installs on older harder running windows 7 and XP. Since they can be independent I'll give it a shot this weekend. Was curious about the keys. It has been a few years but I am pretty sure I purchased a couple of Gameex copies that came with upgrades. I'll have to dig out the emails but I think I can find them. Will those SN's work with evolution?