All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Backglass images not showing up

Trantor

4 hours ago, scutters said:

Your pinballx.ini file looks corrupt to me, the [display] section is incomplete.

Copy it off somewhere and then replace it with an old one (use one from earlier post in this thread if you don't have a backup). You'll then need to check everything looks ok in Settings.exe (pay special attention to [JoyCodes] as that section is different between last and current ini files as well as Other Systems, might be other difference too.

Also re-check outhere's tips in 4th post https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/22166-backglass-images-not-showing-up/?do=findComment&comment=186321 after.

Hope that helps..

HI Scutters,

I did as you recommended and it did in fact fix the fullscreen issue, but I'm back to the problem I had way back at the beginning of this post, the backglass isn't going to the second monitor but behind the main display.  Any suggestions?  Last time, Tom Speirs posted  "fixed" exe for me but I'm not sure if the same exe will still work.

Untitled.png

Another thing to try is checking the ordering your monitor positions in  Windows.    I had issues when I first setup my cab that if screen 2 was not setup to the right of screen one that my backglass would often stay hidden behind the playfield even though my PBX settings were correct.

A couple of things to try;

Try changing the backgalss display number in Settings.exe Display Settings first, try the other options in the dropdown one at a time. The monitor numbers don't always match windows.

If that doesn't work, still in display settings.exe you could try adjusting the the x & y relative positions to move the backglass that way, the values you use will depend on where the backglass is currently located, and your display positions as setup in windows. Set the monitor for the backghlass to match the backglass then adjust x & y.

You might also want to turn off the auto position b2s option in display settings.

scutters: The reposition of the X coordinte trick worked!  Thanks!

On the downside though, for some reason now my joypad button configs only work in PinballX but don't work in Visual Pinball!
(just not recognized, had to go back to keyboard)  I can set joypad configs in VP but then I have no way to exit back to PX.

Sorry to be such a hassle...

Not too sure what you mean... the joypad works only in VP or in PBX?, but not in both together? Screenshot of of your VP settings might help.

In the last posted pinballx.ini file there wasn't an Exit Emulator button set, that'd be why you can't exit back to pinballx. Is that the only problem?,  will need more info..

All the buttons work within Pinbll X (I have an 8 button cab running through a joypad card.)
I can do all the controls within PX, but once I launch a table the only keys that work are on the keyboard.  It doesn't recognize the buttons any more.  When I exit VP, and PX comes back up, everything works again.

joypd.png

Hmm... ok, set the buttons up in correctly in VP again. Recheck in pinballx settings.exe you don't have autoconfigure set for VP (it wasn't in the last ini file), then try again. 

Re-post the log and ini files again after, and confirm if VP buttons are all set to button 1 again or not.

16 minutes ago, Trantor said:

VP settings are unchanged

So VP button setup is how you set it up?, but the buttons don't function correctly in VP?.. Sorry, i'm a little confused!

Can you post a screenshot of your 'correct' VP joystick setup as well as the pinballx log file and confirm if the VP joysick settings are changing after launch from pinballx. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...