All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

MAME Bezel assist

MNMax21

I am currently using the bezel artwork for each specific game in MAME and not the GameEx bezel.  Many of the games I play have a large bezel that takes away from the actual game.  Many of them are fine,  but my girls like puzzle bobble for instance.  The bezel is a majority of the screen.  Is there a way to choose a different bezel if there are multiples or can you change the sizing in some way?  

I have multiples to choose from whenever possible saved to my bezels path as setup for MAME. They show up when you hit tab while the game is loaded within thhe display settings.

Some will be based upon your display. Krakerman has produced quite a few HD bezels that are less intrusive into the actual play area. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I believe if you are on MAME 0.194 or higher, Bezels are on by default. The Advanced Mame Settings > Use Bezel should be set to Dont Use Bezel. This setting turns off displaying the GameEx bezel in your MAME games. You control the individual bezels displayed within the MAME ROM by hitting TAB while in game.

You will place your MAME Bezels in their respective folders by ROM name unzipped in the MAME>Artwork folder.

This video does a fairly good job of explaining and viewing on YouTube will give you access to various links including Orion Angels bezel set. Let me know how you get on with this.