All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gauntlet only in Spanish

seabass41

I use GameEx for my MAME  frontend. Generally it is great. However, my MAME Gauntlet only plays in Spanish. (ver 15). I have obtained a new version and put into the MAME ROM folder. I click 'Update List' in MAME folder in GameEX, but after the lengthy update, the only version of Gauntlet displayed is still the (ver 15) Spanish game. Any ideas? (I know it's probably something very simple!)

Edited by tthurman
Re-phrased wording ;-)

Might be a silly answer but have you check your downloading the English version as a lot of ROMs / CHDs are very similar.

37 minutes ago, seabass41 said:

Thank you, will try that

Did you try @tthurman's suggestion? What were the results?

On 3/24/2019 at 3:39 PM, tthurman said:

In the "Advance MAME Setup" within the setup wizard there is an area in the filtering options, "don't filter these ROMS", try putting that title in the field and update.

2 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Please post your log file and GameEx.ini.

Try setting the clones setting to "if different name" turn off the game name filter and re update the list. This is the newer way to get a clean MAME games list in GameEx.

That worked! Thanks so much Tom! Much appreciated.

Hi Tom - any reason why No Clones setting is removed from GameEx Arcade Setup Wizard>Advanced MAME Settings? Seems that this is needed for clean MAME game lists there as well. It still shows in the gameex.ini for AE but not sure if it is disabled if editing the gameex.ini directly

Below are the settings that show in the gameex.ini for GameEx with the Setup Wizard description in parenthesis:

NoClones=1 (No Clones unless better)
NoClones=2 (No Clones unless different name)
NoClones=True (I don't want Clones)
NoClones=False (I want Clones)