All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Help Game ex error

Marc190683

Hi I have game ex on a cocktail cabinet. We had a power cut mid game yesterday and now it will not load up I get the following message 

GameEx: version 5.31: starting log 

Operating  system platform: Win32NT

Operating system name: Unknown 

Operating system version 6.1.7601

ERROR: An error occurred while checking the previous instance of Game Ex

This is caused by a bad windows or .net install

GameEx will likely function incorrectly as it cannot check for running processes 

Applicstion-defined or object define errors 

ERRORS DETECTED : EXITING 

Hi Marc - I just saw this post in the Convert-It support forum.

Can you attach (no copy & paste, please) copies of your log.txt and gameex.ini files?

Based upon the error message, you have quite an old version of GameEx installed (5.31 vs. current 15.53) so we may be limited in the assistance we can provide. We understand that your hardware may not handle an OS upgrade due to lack of drivers, etc. The support files may help us guide you.

You may need to reinstall the .NET Framework for your OS before continuing, however, making a backup of your GameEx installation and assets (ROMS, media, emulators) is likely paramount as you could easily have to reinstall the OS.