Jump to content
SpesoftPinballXConvert-It
Trantor

PinballX launch problem

Recommended Posts

HI, 

Just working on my first cab build and having trouble getting PX up and running.

I have a two screen set up (main screen is 1680x1050, second screen is 1024x768. No LEDs or other add ons beyond a keyboard.

No 3rd party add ons.

I've limited myself to VP 995 to start with (don't want to overcomplicate things from the start)

Not table specific as the luancher software is crashing before boot.  (PinballX lite will boot though but fails to launch VP)

I can launch the table from VP995 without a problem.

I'm using PX 3.2.9

PBX booted without a problem using the demo media files but after running settings and adding games, it just won't boot at all (did have a brief boot where it showed the tables in the wheel but crashed after trying to load them).  I reinstalled and tried again with just one table and now PBX won't even boot up.  PBXLite will boot but crashes when I try to launch the table.

log.txt

[SETTINGS].log

PinballX.ini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tom,

 

I did a clean reinstall of both PBX and VP and now it’s working.

i do have a new issue, the DMD does not want to appear on Display2, my backglass.  I drag it over each time (even move it around hoping it’ll grab) but no luck.  When I restart a table it’s right back to the edge of display1.

 

thanks!

 

Karl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's happening outside pinballx in visual pinball give SetDMD a go. Once you have the default value for DMD position sorted future games will load there, but for current games you'll need to 'update all installed roms'

https://pinballbulbs.com/files/setdmd.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scutters: I ran setdmd and while I was able to manipulate the size of the dmd as well as the Y value, it seems to not be able to handle a negative number for the X position, even though the preview worked fine.  (see attached images)

 

Outhere: is that another add on or a function of VPX or PBX?

batman.png

setdmd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a VPX / vpinmame issue now so you might be better off in over forums.

However, try changing your screen positions in windows display options so backglass is to the right of the playfield (aligned with no y difference), that's the general recommendation. Just drag it across.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trantor said:

Scutters: I ran setdmd and while I was able to manipulate the size of the dmd as well as the Y value, it seems to not be able to handle a negative number for the X position, even though the preview worked fine.  (see attached images)

I self use a real dmd, so not much experience with your setup, but I read multiple times in forums that you should not setup the windows with negative numbers.

Are you able to move the backglass, so all is positive again ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

54 minutes ago, scutters said:

This is a VPX / vpinmame issue now so you might be better off in over forums.

However, try changing your screen positions in windows display options so backglass is to the right of the playfield (aligned with no y difference), that's the general recommendation. Just drag it across.

I feel like a heel.  Was just making breakfast and thought of the monitor switching as well.  Sure enough, that did the trick.

 

Thanks everyone! (I'm sure I'll run into more problems down the line, but this seems to have put me on the right track now.)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I give you one advice ?

You mentioned to start with vp995 tables.

Mine advice would be that you better can start with vpx tables.

You can always get the remaining tables in vp9 

For example. I have arround 600 vpx tables and just 10 vp9.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Can I give you one advice ?

You mentioned to start with vp995 tables.

Mine advice would be that you better can start with vpx tables.

You can always get the remaining tables in vp9 

For example. I have arround 600 vpx tables and just 10 vp9.

 

I was thinking of that but was occassionally getting some frame skips using vpx.  My hardware isn't the best in the world (i3 3220, internal intel graphics for the backglass and a GeForce GT 730 for the playfield.  Only 4 GB system RAM.  Was afraid vpx would simply kick me to the curve (especially with multiballs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Trantor said:

I was thinking of that but was occassionally getting some frame skips using vpx.  My hardware isn't the best in the world (i3 3220, internal intel graphics for the backglass and a GeForce GT 730 for the playfield.  Only 4 GB system RAM.  Was afraid vpx would simply kick me to the curve (especially with multiballs.  

Gotcha ! Not sure what the minimum specs are. I "oversized" my cabinet. Core i7 7600, with 16gb ram and geforce rtx 2070. And all run at 60fps in 4k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, right now I'm trying to do this on a budget (both for space savings and because I'm trying to sell the wife on it)  :)
The VP9 tables seem to run much more cleanly on my current rig... might have to add some ram in the near future though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...