All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Backglass not loading, on "long load time" VP10 tables.

wrd1972

Okay I am still having the issue with some backglasses not loading for very large VP10 tables. For example, my latest Funhouse rev 2.0, is extremely large, and takes more than 3x time to load up, and be ready to play compared to nearly every other VP10 table. So when I launch FH through PinballX. The table loads and is playable, but the backglass never loads at all, just blank screen. The two hundred plus other tables on my cab have their backglasses load perfectly fine, through PBX. No issues at all. Its just my FH table I assume due to its long load time.

The backglass was indeed loading on my previous rev of FH, which was smaller. But the latest 2.0 version, is much larger, and now the backglass problem popped up again.

And as before, if I launch FH through the VP editor, the backglass loads every single time without fail. So for some reason, PinballX does not seem to like the very long load times, of this table. Can the devs please download FH from Vpinball.com, and try to replicate this issue. And if there is an issue, can it be looked at. Here is the link to the table:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/funhouse-williams-1990/

Thanks

Please attach copies of your pinballx.ini and the log.txt file after running some of the tables. Also including a list of tables you are seeing affected would be very helpful.

Draco,

Attaching the files. I only have 1 table out of 221, that have this issue. And that table is FH. Every other table in my collection has its backglass operate as normal. I really think its related in some way to the  very long load time of this one table. Its size is the only thing that makes it rteally different than other table. And the fact it does work through the editor.

Outthere:

I copy pasted the two file from the link below, and registered it. Now I have no backglasses at all, even through the editor:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RpQiokTC_yYw1nAxaAF9NCpTVro9BQ0Y/view

Carny,

Did not work

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Might be the larger tables are a tipping point for system bottleneck if you're running 4k.

Anything in event viewer or task manager performance to indicate issues / maxing out?

All i can suggest is trying different B2S files to see if same result otherwise.

Okay I mentioned that the backglass was not loading for VP10 DE Star Wars. I changed the "DMD" vale in the DB2S properties, from "standard" to "hidden".  And now the backglass APPEARS through PBX. Also Blacksad has made a new DB2S for Funhouse, and it seems to be working now with PBX. But the DMD proprieties in the DB2S, shows "standard". So who knows? If I can find some other problematic backglasses, I will try the trick I saw above. But I have to assume there must be some small issue with PBX and some backglasses...considering all backglasses work perfectly through the editor.

1 hour ago, wrd1972 said:

Okay did the upgrade. Problem remains.

Tom may need to take a closer look. Can you please attach new copies of your log.txt and pinballx.ini files in reply  Also note again what tables are affected at this time. Thanks!

I had/have the same issue, my solution was: Rename the table name like the rom name: for example, rename Funhouse.vpx to fh_905h.vpx and also the B2S file to fh_905h

Set the new name in Game manager!

Hope it works for you.

3 hours ago, edany said:

I had/have the same issue, my solution was: Rename the table name like the rom name: for example, rename Funhouse.vpx to fh_905h.vpx and also the B2S file to fh_905h

Set the new name in Game manager!

Hope it works for you.

Yeah I will try that. But I would prefer to see "funhouse" as the title of the game in the PBX browsing menu, and not FH_905h. But this tid bit of information could help the devs. Surely the system is not that darn sensitive to the tittles/descriptions.

Thanks for that piece of information. :)

9 minutes ago, wrd1972 said:

Yeah I will try that. But I would prefer to see "funhouse" as the title of the game in the PBX browsing menu, and not FH_905h. But this tid bit of information could help the devs. Surely the system is not that darn sensitive to the tittles/descriptions.

Thanks for that piece of information. :)

The name of the table within Pbx  can be different than the filename. I try to keep the original name of the table as the creator/designer named it, bit on game manager I rename it to the "<TABLENAME> (<manufacturer> <year released>)"

I think the issue coming on "lower systems performance" if you have a table with more loading and rendering time you get that issue, i powered up my system with a

gtx 1070 ti and the issue is gone. My GPU before was a GTX 1060 6 GB, in 4k. Loading Time over 25 sec  you get sometimes  not  the  BG, you see that, in PBX the  small  Window popup  for loading/rendering/script came for  a short  time  over the pbx loading screen before  the  playfield  is  showing. 

Sorry for my bad  english

just tried funhouse on my system no problems loads within a second but im using a Ryzen 7 with an SSD M2 , so maybe rig specs need upgrading.