All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Star Wars Episode I: Racer has been recreated in Unreal Engine 4

tthurman

Watched this last night and read the link. Too bad it isn't the full game. Even sadder is that DIsney is sitting on a goldmine of IP that, if dusted off and rereleased, would make a mint from the old fanboys and younglings alike.

I don't think Disney knows what's they're doing with Star Wars.  They had all these great ideas, but after Solo and Last Jedi bombed, they're being very limited on developing anything.  There hasn't been anything new besides comics in a LONG time.  I'm very disappointed.  I like to think they're doing a lot more developing in secret, but their time may have passed.  There were a number of SW games in the works before Disney shut down LucasArts.  The only good game right now is SW Battlefront II.  There have been some re-releases as a GOTM on Xbox's Gold.  I grabbed Jedi Knight 2, Knights of the Old Republic, and Star Wars Republic Commando.  The backwards compatibility emulator running on my Xbox One X is really impressive.  It renders all the edges really sharp, like high res.  Maybe they'll release Racer.  :)

3 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

I don't think Disney knows what's they're doing with Star Wars. 

Agreed

Rogue One and Solo were both good!

......everything else has been nothing more than a rehash of the original's, why bother?

"I have a bad feeling about this", but expect the next installment to be worse than TLJ.

Also, I believe the best possible thing for Star Wars fans would be if the Disney / Fox merger delivers a fully remastered original theatrical release of the original trilogy, as this had zero chance of happening under George's reign.  It's still a longshot, but there is no denying that it would rake in tons of cash for Disney.

Anybody that thought the prequels were bad compared to the originals (and I was one of them) had no idea of how BAD it could get until TFA and TLJ were released.  

Looking back now the prequels look like masterpieces.  At the very least they had original storylines!

(We're off topic lol)

Rogue One and Solo got such bad publicity press and Disney took it too seriously to heart.  Rogue One is my 2nd favorite movie after Empire.  Solo was good too in that it was an original story and had plenty of action.  I'd love to see a sequel to Solo, they've got to explain that ending!  Now, I think Disney is being TOO cautious and don't want to lose money.  Disney bought it all because they wanted to cater to the fans and keep churning out the goods, but corporate Disney doesn't care at all about the fans and just wanted in for the money.  I think the biggest problem right now is that the story direction they picked is alienating more fans rather than bringing in new ones and keeping the old ones.  If they only developed a better story from the get go, I think we'd be in a different situation now.