All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] pc game loading issues in GamEX

barrydmonic

Hi Everyone. I'm pretty new to this so I'm hoping someone can help me. I've been having an issue with a couple of PC games (street fighter V and Killer instinct ) The games are in the folder (as shortcuts) with all the other pc games (which work fine with gameEX). When I select to play the game it looks like its going to load, then goes back to the game select screen. However, the game actually boots which means I have to  ALT TAB out of GameEX in order to close that game.  I've looked about online for help but have not had much luck. any help would be really appreciated. 

Hey Barrydmonic,

Let's start with one of the two - Street Fighter V.

How is the shortcut set up? For instance, are you using the steam version or gog version?

Also, please post your gameex.ini and log.txt file on your next post (found in the CONFIG and LOG folders). Those files give us some background information on your setup. Before you post, run Street Fighter V via GameEx and let it fail as it has been. That way hopefully the log.txt file catches something. Then post those files. It may not be a bad idea to post a copy of the shortcut as well.

Gonna need some clarification here.

Your files do not match what you explained as your setup. You said that you were using shortcuts in a folder. Your log.txt indicates that you are using Emulator 13 to launch the Street Fighter V executable directly. I've not seen anyone try it this way. I don't see why you can't if that's what you want, but you may as well set the command line to "E:\games on external\Street Fighter V - Arcade Edition\StreetFighterV\Binaries\Win64\StreetFighterV.exe" since only one game is being used on the emulator slot.

If you actually intended to use shortcuts to launch multiple PC games, then please configure the Setup Wizard to use the correct paths and settings and then reupload the gameex.ini, log.txt, and SFV shortcut (not the executable).

Apologies for the confusion

That was something I was trying to experiment with to see if would work. I tried the command line you mentioned and sadly it had the same effect So I have deleted that one (emulator 13). and then tried the way i explained earlier. not sure why it didnt show up on the log,  But I will try it again. I also posted the correct shortcut this time. Sorry, I'm new at this. Thanks for your patience

Street Fighter V - Arcade Edition.lnk

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Unfortunately, I do not have the non-steam versin of SFV and I do not have KI.

Looking at your logs, the launch line does not look like what I would expect...but I haven't been able to get a good handle on your setup yet. My guess is that there is a launcher that runs the actual game. GameEx launches the launcher, and the launcher launches the actual game and then closes. When GameEx launches a 'game', it then watches for that 'game' to close so it knows when to return to the menu. When there are launchers in-between, it can cause this sort of behavior.

For some reason, the forum won''t allow me to download the SFV.lnk file you provided. Would you mind uploading the SFV and KI lnk files inside a zip file?

I think a batch file can be used to make this work, but I'd like to understand your setup more. I also need to dig a bit in the forums and won't have the time today.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi RedDog.

I think you are absolutely right on this. Especially with KI, as it has to also launch through a program called "run as date" as the game wont run past november 2018. What you say makes perfect sense for why these 2 wont run. I've uploaded both shortcuts zipped as requested. 

Thanks again

shortcuts.rar

For launching a preloader as you are describing, you may have to setup those applications as separate from your other PC games but still using the shortcut .lnk file and leveraging rhe advanced configuration editor. An example of a setup can be found here...

It will take some playing around but may do the job. Everything you describe sounds like focus is being lost once the runasdate application has completed its task.