All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Some final questions before my first VP is done!

Malinas

Hi! Im almost all set with finish up my first VP! But ran into some strange problems i just can´t solve.. ;/

First of all when starting PinballX , ALL the backglasses for FX3 and FUTURE PINBALL showes as "preview" when toggling throgh all games, except for like 80% av all Visual Pinball tables.

I have tried everything now for 2 days and hopfully some nice person can tell me whats going on. I have reinstalled , Vpinmame, B2S server, everything.
The backglass for the choosen table is SHOWING when starting the game but not before!

If i upload tablename_backglass.mp4 it DON`T show up either on the choosen table in pinballX so that isnt the problem.

Here is also some other questions if someone know how i can fix it ;) THANX in advance! 

1. How can i get Backglass preview on ALL visual tables in PinballX? (Above) 
2. Now i have to press YES on that ROM question on EVERY table since re-install in VP and VPX, is there anyway i can "not do" that on every table?
3. HOW to KILL PINUP PLAYER WINDOWS when closing a table whith PUP packs, so it does not show all the time after playing a PUP game.
4. PUP Pack for ALIENS (FX3) Don´t start when i launch the game, "every visual pinball games" does! Is there something special i need to put in as code in pinball x!? 
5. DMD position in Visual Pinball, changes all the time, i have set up exakt in DmdDevice.ini + in windows registry, the correct position. And also did DEFAULT in windows registry under / Visual PinMame / but it keeps on REset all the time for me, so the dmd goes down some positions instead ;/ totaly annoying , how to SET this DMD once and for all?

This are the settings that works in DmdDevice.ini

; x-axis of the window position
left = 3285

; y-axis of the window position
top = 200

; width of the dmd in monitor pixels
width = 1368

; height of the dmd in monitor pixels
height = 364

IN Windows registry sometimes for inctanse X changes to the value 3544161651 instead of 3285 ;/ that i put in from the beginning.

Yes, i have checked all Terry Red legendary tutorials and others but i can´t figure out this problems.

Pinballx.ini + screenres.txt is included

ScreenRes.txt

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Edited by Malinas
Attatched the Log file

Most of your questions are not pinballx related. Did you ask original developers forum too ?

For the videos, I have set Useb2s=False and created backglass videos

And log.txt file would make sense to see whats happening

1. I'm not sure if you're trying to use backglass videos or the actual backglass, follow @Mike_da_Spike suggestion and use videos / disable B2S by changing your ini file then import backglass videos via game manager if you already have them.
  2. Think vpauto should handle that?, but should only happen on first launch of table anyway. Needs the log file attaching
  3. In launch after bat file add TASKKILL /F /im "pinupplayer.exe" /T 
  4. Maybe  try support thread https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/aliens-fx3-pup-pack-bg-topper-ssf-movie-music/
  5. Try changing this ine in ini file to False, AutoPositionPinMAME=True

9 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Most of your questions are not pinballx related. Did you ask original developers forum too ?

Ok thanks! Didn´t knew that, but i learn something every day ;() 

7 hours ago, scutters said:
  1. I'm not sure if you're trying to use backglass videos or the actual backglass, follow @Mike_da_Spike suggestion and use videos / disable B2S by changing your ini file then import backglass videos via game manager if you already have them.
  2. Think vpauto should handle that?, but should only happen on first launch of table anyway. Needs the log file attaching
  4. Maybe  try support thread https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/aliens-fx3-pup-pack-bg-topper-ssf-movie-music/

I will try everything here now! thanks for help! i get back if it works out!

3 minutes ago, Malinas said:

I will try everything here now! thanks for help! i get back if it works out!

3. Made the KillPup.bat with TASKKILL /F /im "pinupplayer.exe" /T  and in LAUNCH AFTER it is

Yes
C:\Pinball\PinballX\Scripts
KillPup.bat (Shortcut to it with administrator priviliges)
(empty field)
no
Yes

The PUP fields not closing anyway when i CLOSE a pup game ;/

18 minutes ago, Malinas said:

Ok thanks! Didn´t knew that, but i learn something every day ;() 

10 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

USEB2S=FALSE did the trick! my visual pinball backglasses is showing again! <3 thank you! Oh ok, im quite new in the forums and didnt knew where to write. 

8 hours ago, scutters said:

1. YES it worked!
2. YES you are right, i saw that when i launched tables via Pinballx
3. Don´t work for me ;/
4 Will check!
5. Yes it worked! ;) THANK YOU for the answers <3

6 hours ago, Malinas said:

3. Made the KillPup.bat with TASKKILL /F /im "pinupplayer.exe" /T  and in LAUNCH AFTER it is

Yes
C:\Pinball\PinballX\Scripts
KillPup.bat (Shortcut to it with administrator priviliges)
(empty field)
no
Yes

The PUP fields not closing anyway when i CLOSE a pup game ;/

What happens if you run the bat file manually (after exit out of pinballx with a pup window still showing)?, Also try running pinballx.exe with admin rights if not already and you might not need the shortcut which may be the issue.

47 minutes ago, Malinas said:

USEB2S=FALSE did the trick! my visual pinball backglasses is showing again! <3 thank you! Oh ok, im quite new in the forums and didnt knew where to write. 

Glad I could help with a small part of your issues.

Compared to the rest, Im pretty new too, but try to help others as much as possible

• Like 2