All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PBFX3 needs a once over for DMDEXT

BrandonLaw

Hey All!  Been annoyed with this for a bit, and frankly it's a bit embarrassing when you have folks over and you have to start a table, back out and restart again to get the DMD to work going forward in PBFX3 so figured i'd see if y'all have any ideas.  The gist of what is happening:

Start cab directly into PBX

Find FX3 table

Start

Table loads and ready to rip EXCEPT FOR THE DMD.

Exit table back to PBX

Start table again

DMD is there going forward for any table.

Here is the log: (start at line 45 for FX3...thought I opened FX3 Getaway)

Also:  Here's a Video of the issue

I may need to post this on GitHub page for ol' Freezy, but figured I'd try here in case it's an I-D-10-T error. 

log.txt

Whats in the rundmd.bat?

What version of dmdext.dll do you use? 

I still run 1.7.2 for fx3 and don't have issues with fx3. 

Not sure if it make any difference,  but I start steam.exe from the command line instead of fx3

Don`t know if its relevant but i found if my DMD screen doesn't power up 1st i dont get any DMD showing and need to refresh in order for DMD's to show up, might not be relevant but thought i `d mention it as my DMD screen powers up 1st but im on individual switches so you may not be able to do this with a single all ON button.

Hey all didn't mean to go dark as work took me away for a day.  Cab is powered down and kiddos are sleeping (can't get the pbx.ini,) but the rundmd.bat was a quick bat I threw together in my early days of cab ownership to have dmdext be called with it's parameters 'easier' than I understood PBX to work:)  It's just always worked and hadn't touched it.  Might be time to do that and just run the parameters from PBX see how that goes.  Just weird the call will work every time AFTER the first time. 

As far as the screens go, as you can see they power up all at once and run in PBX so no power issues there.  Again, ran not long ago and fairly certain the issue started after updating DMDext for FX3 williams' tables.  Can you run all the volumes of Williams' with your release?  Btw, I think 1.7.2 is the newest which is what I'm running.  Can't go back to 1.7.1 as the aforementioned table series will not output to the dmd. 

I'll report back after letting PBX do the work on those parameter calls...cross your whatevers.

On 3/6/2019 at 2:21 PM, Mike_da_Spike said:

Whats in the rundmd.bat?

What version of dmdext.dll do you use? 

I still run 1.7.2 for fx3 and don't have issues with fx3. 

Not sure if it make any difference,  but I start steam.exe from the command line instead of fx3

Well saddle my back and call me a horse.  This shit worked.  I did zero other than eliminating the call for the .bat.  I assume the time it takes to call the .bat was JUSTTTTTT enough to override the call for the game and null'd the frame output.  With this assumption you could say the data was then cached going forward so the 'pause' was lessened?  Whofknknows.  Anyhow... Super happy.  Powered on/off 5 times...different zen titles, and all are working at initial launch.  Brilliant.  

Moral of the story: LESS IS MORE, MY FRIENDS.  Thanks again!