All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] 10.5 Does Not Load Tables

DarenHawes

Hi

I am setting up on the bench before moving to a cabinet and the issue is.

1. When opening PinballX it allows me to select a Table but then says "Loading" then goes staring back to the selector wheel.

I am using BAM but it does the same with or without BAM. It does it for Future Pinball or Virtual Pinball.

Its worth noting that the tables work fine outside of PBX.

I have 2 screens and no DMD.

I have uploaded a video for you so you can see what it is doing.

https://vimeo.com/321604178

[SETTINGS].log

log.txt

PinballX.ini

Its okay. It looks like its not even trying to launch anything. Are all your paths correct, are the game lists setup correctly?

I can see all PinballX just has the demo media and you have not setup any tables.

You need to add tables in the game manager.

8 hours ago, DarenHawes said:

Its worth noting that the tables work fine outside of PBX

Please confirm the install path of VPX & FP match those in the pinballx.ini, Screen shot of the tables folders might help too. Thanks

Edited by scutters
typo - path not patch

Sorry, patch was a typo - should have been path (now corrected)

You don't have a StarTrek_V100 fpt file in the FP tables folder so that table won't work. I think PinballX comes with 3 (or 4?) example table entries (and that's one of them), but not the related table/emulators so either uncheck Enable for those or delete them in Game Manager if you're not going to load the tables on.

If the crash you got was on the Tron FP table it might be related to the paramaters for FP,  missing space;

Parameters=/open "[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]" /play /exit /arcaderender/STAYINRAM

should be

Parameters=/open "[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

Are you running FPLoader / vpinballx.exe as admin?

If so try running pinballx.exe as admin (via right click->properties). Probably worth a try either way.

Other thing to try from a cmd window, what happens if you try 

C:\Pinball\FuturePinball\BAM\FPLoader.exe /open "C:\Pinball\PinballTables\FuturePinball\LightSequencerDemo.fpt" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

12 hours ago, DarenHawes said:

Okay

Future Pinball 1.9.1.20091231

Virtual Pinball 10.5.0

I could not see in the INI file where to put the patch number?

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

PinballX.ini

Did you install vpx and future pinball correctly? Don't see the file association in the screenshots. Also make sure that in pinball settings the paths to the exe files are correct. 

OK So I figured it out. I just didn't think.

I did not need to set Admin permissions that's a Vista thing, but it was the message I got when opening Future Pinball or Virtual Pinball!

Boom! Fixed. Thanks everyone for your help!

Open File — Security Warning
The Publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?

• Like 1