All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

iPad Marquee Masher

Phantom

Hey,

Just wanted to show the update I did on my cabinets Marquee. I started using Marquee Masher a while ago with a monitor sitting on top and since I couldn't afford a nice Bar Stretch LCD I decided to try to make my own LCD Marquee using an old iPad I had laying around.

I ordered an LCD Control board off ebay (Took a couple of months) and stripped the iPad so all I had was the LCD with no Bezel.

I mounted the LCD in a 3/4" plexi so it was flush and then I printed out some artwork to surround the LCD. Then put everything behind a thin piece of Plexi to make it all Nice Nice.

The static Marquee Mash screen is just a continuation of the printed artwork, and it changed as menus and games are selected.

I plan to update my digital artwork so that the logos and banners have the printed artwork behind them to make it more seamless. Also 1 Day I think I'll use more iPads to make my own Stretch LCD.

iPad Marquee Demo 

iPad 1 Control Board

56885372364__88F2731E-3A27-408E-B60A-211172388AC5.jpg

56885490326__0F70BCC2-DA33-4E0B-A2B8-F60259D53C80.jpg

IMG_4491.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

• Like 1