All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

3D Cabinet showing Instead of Logo

madmic

Hi.
Just wondering if I'm missing something. When I select a game from the main MAME list and it goes into the next screen for that game, Some of the games show the 3D cabinet on the bottom center of screen. Some show the Logo.png. I would like to have them all show the logo there but can't seem to figure out why it doesn't. Any help would be great. Thanks

This depends on how complete your art set is.  Some (like snaps) just haven't been done by someone yet and default to that which is available, which is sometimes nothing.

If you're certain you have all the artwork then it's potentially a directory path problem.

If you are a emumvies member you just need to give GameEx time to download all the files.

Please post your ini and log if you need further assistance.

Pretty sure I do have all the art work. Been using GameEX for years, love it, but time to clean it up. Had every game I could find on there for years but just started redoing it. Under 200 games right now. Set it up years ago and haven't messed with it until now. Set up with emu also, is it possible it will still fix it? Where is the exact folder that GameEX looks for logo? Sorry about all the questions, I'm pretty good with this stuff but just need a little help here and there. Thanks Oh just noticed what you said about ini/log. I'll look into that too. Thanks again.

The behavior you are seeing says to me that it is likely that you do not have all the artwork (or that some of the artwork files you do have aren't usable within GameEx).

The image assets have a sort of pecking order. I don't recall the exact order, but it is something like for the snapshot, if the snapshot doesn't exist, show the titleshot; if that doesn't exist, show the box shot; if that doesn't exist, show yadda yadda yadda.

- First, confirm your directory paths in the config are what you want them to be.
- Next, pick one or two games and look for the images in each of the folders to see if they are there.
- If the image does exist, you might try swapping them for images you know are working.
The goal here is to do away with guessing and to try and find out what is actually happening. You are pretty sure you have all the assets. Please find out for certain.

Lastly, please post your gameex.ini and log.txt when requesting help. Those files contain helpful information that give us an overview of your setup. Thank you for playing.  :)

So hopefully I'm posting the right files here. Been so long since I've messed with arcade cabinet setup so I'm trying to figure it all out Again. Plus I slapped it all together pretty quick before, not being picky about overall look and graphics. I'm pretty much starting cabinet setup over so I don't have a problem reinstalling if I need to. If I am set up with Emu and I do reinstall GameEX will it automatically pull all the media needed for my games? If so I'll just move all my files to another location and start clean. Thanks again for any help and sorry if I'm making it difficult. Been spending too much time with Retropie and not enough with my GameEX MAME setup. 

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Looks like the right files, so off to a good start.

In reviewing the log.txt file, I noted that you have GameEx, MAME, and media installed under 

C:\Users\fucch\Desktop\Game\

This is likely not the cause of your missing media, but can potentially lead to other issues as Windows tends to assign a higher protection status to c:\users and other OS-related paths vs. installing them to c:\gameex and c:\emulators\MAME, etc.

This may also result in better results from EmuMovies downloads.

I think that I have an idea regarding your logo or 3d image issue. If you can, please, first identify which games are throwing the results you do not want to see and, if possible, attach a screenshot each of one showing the 3d cab inage and the other showing the logo.

The solution may be as simple as copying your MAME logo files from \MAME\Logos to \MAME\Cabinets3d thus overwriting the 3D cabinet images in the process if you have decided you do not want these files displaying. 

OK so I kind of messed some things up earlier. Ended up reinstalling. My situation now is.....My games play fine in MAME (183 with the roms that match)  outside of GameEX. When I am in GameEX all my games, logo, videos show up perfect now. The way I wanted them to look. Aside from filtering out some clones and 4 player. But now when I pick a game to play it looks like it starts loading it but then kicks back to the game info screen. I can see why I just left it for years with thousands of games on it. I apologize if I'm making this difficult, appreciate the help and hope to get a better grip on what I am doing wrong. 

GameEx.ini

log.txt

I have around 150 games in there right now and so far any that I have tried will not load in GameEX. They start to but kick back out. But I have been playing them just in MAME with no issues.

Are you running any plugins? I am not seeing any noted in the log.txt file, but wonder if it might be better to download GameEx again and install over the top of your current install (do not uninstall!) and install the 32-bit version.

Just so you are aware, you're original install was the 32-bit version.

I tried that last night. But before I did all the games started working. No idea how or why. Now it just seems to be running really slow, taking forever between menu selections some times even sitting in between selections, almost locked up. And now it also keeps asking me to donate/register it too. I have a lifetime membership. I have all my MAME in a separate folder so I'm just wondering if I should just uninstall it completely and reinstall it. Yeah I Wasn't sure about the 32/64 bit when I started redoing the machine. I have recording studio and I'm used to all my software for that going over to 64 bit. I really have no issue reinstalling the only pain in the ass part about that is configuring my X-Arcade Tank-Stick. Makes me wish I had another spare computer because I don't mind tinkering but I also don't like showing off my non working arcade cabinet. ;-) 

Just wanted to let you know. I did a clean install, 32bit. Everything seems to be working great. After losing my mind for a few days I think it all might have stemmed from W10 pushing another stupid update. I appreciate you guys taking the time and apologize if this post got a little scattered/pointless.  I do my best to try and find answers but sometimes ya just gotta ask. All these years troubleshooting PC stuff it's amazing I still have a full head of hair. Thanks again. 

If you are content with just running MAME and other arcade systems, you may want to give GameEx Arcade a spin. I have been using that almost exclusively after it came out since I am not running the HTPC features on my gaming PC.

You can run it using the same paths for your emulator, ROMs, and media. Just the frontend will be in its own \gameex arcade\  install path.

I might check that out soon. I just fell into a bezel black hole for the last 8 hours or so. Got stuff figured out as far as adding and creating them. Only thing still bugging me as far as the reason for this post is so far I have 2 games that will not show the logo in the game selection screen/game info screen. Simpsons and Gauntlet (both the 2 player versions) . If I can't figure it out I might just have to remove them. Really trying to clean this up and make it look pretty. 

Can you attach your most recent log.txt and gameex.ini files?

It could be that there's a difference in the ROM name and the logo file name, a cache issue, or similar.

No more uninstalls or deletions until we get this resolved, Ok? We're close!

A few questions:

What are the ROM names for the two games? 

Have you looked into the the folder for the logo files and can you find files with the same name as the ROMS (different extension of course)?

The ROM names are simpsons.zip and simpsons2p.zip  and gauntlet.zip and gauntlet2p.zip  And I've attached pics of both games logos that are available in the logo folder. It's from the MAME media pack from GameEX.  

smps.png

gaunt.png

I'm not able to replicate the issue. I'm going to assume that the games are otherwise playable.

I noticed that you have simpsons and gauntlet set in your  Excluded MAME ROMS (excludedmaneroms) section of your gameex.ini. 

Can you remove those entries, launch GameEx, Update List and see if that resolves the issue?

Yeah those are the 4 player versions. The two I have with the logo issue are 2 player versions of those games. If I don't exclude them I end up with 4p and 2p versions in list. The 4p versions do show the logos but I'm trying to eliminate 4 player versions for my cabinet. Some games you can select players in the mame settings but those 2 don't have that option. And I think it was on the Simpsons that you can only pick player by what joystick. Not sure if logo ever worked for them because I had so many games before. Heading to work for a few but I'll try that later. Thanks again. 

What I am hoping to see is that the logos display. GameEx generally uses a fuzzy matching scheme to match the logos to the ROMs. Not sure if this will trigger when updating list or not.

OK I removed the 4 player versions of Simpsons and Gauntlet from the filtered list and it's the same thing. 4 player versions show the logos, 2 player versions do not. Stuff like this is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy. It doesn't make sense to me. I do have 2 more recent rom sets but I haven't touched them yet. Was thinking after I do some more work to this setup I would try out the arcade version of GameEx. I've stuck with this set because it's always worked for me. If we figure it out we figure it out. It just depends on how good I get the rest of the games looking, might have to remove ones with no logos. :D Oh one last question, any idea why I randomly get the nag screen to register? I paid for the lifetime membership a while ago. 

I am running a newer version of MAME and the latest GameEx and AE versions, however, I do not believe this to be a MAME issue.

You could always setup AE and point the paths to the same destinations as you have in GameEx and see if the same issue occurs for you.

Regarding the nag screen, not sure, but let's treat that as a separate issue from this thread so as to not muddy the waters as it were.

I did try the AE edition and still seemed to be having the same issue. For now I just removed the 4 player (2 player versions) of the games giving me the issue so I could continue to get games added and setup. I will revisit them again but didn't want to spend too much time on it.