All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Exporting Pinballx into GameEx

wishiwas

I have been running Pinballx for some time now and I find I am using the pinball tables a lot less than I used to. I want to add some emulators to PinballX such as Zsnes but I am having running into issues. I have found work arounds for games like Dragons Lair and Space Ace, but that's only 2 games. Even if I could make Zsnes work on those work arounds, my setup would become messy. Which brings me to seeking another front end program. I am concidering switching to GameEx instead of PinballX but I really don't want to start from scratch again. Is there a way to import my PinballX setup into GameEx? Will GameEx allow me to run any pinball tables? Thanks!  BTW, I attached a copy of how to use Dragons Lair with PinballX. 

DL Directions.jpg

Edited by tthurman
Moved: GameEx>General

You may want to provide more info about what pinsims you are running 

You will not be able to import your setup from PinballX to GameEx. Setting up GameEx is fairly easy. If you have a cab, running GameEx Arcade may be what you're looking for.

Yesterday after I sent this question, I downloaded GameEx to see what it looks like. I stored it in a different location than my PinballX. 

When I was done checking it out, I uninstalled it. 

Now when I run my PinballX, all my videos (that run on the menu showing the game) are gone and I only get a black screen with the wheel art. 

Did GameEx delete a key in the registry or turn some other function off in the settings setup wizard? 

I did go back and have PinballX create new videos, but the screen is still black. 

Is there a simple fix? 

2 hours ago, wishiwas said:

Yesterday after I sent this question, I downloaded GameEx to see what it looks like. I stored it in a different location than my PinballX. 

When I was done checking it out, I uninstalled it. 

Now when I run my PinballX, all my videos (that run on the menu showing the game) are gone and I only get a black screen with the wheel art. 

Did GameEx delete a key in the registry or turn some other function off in the settings setup wizard? 

I did go back and have PinballX create new videos, but the screen is still black. 

Is there a simple fix? 

There should be no interaction between the two frontends so something else must have occurred. I had run the two on the same PC for years with nothing like what you have described occurring. You may want to open a separate thread in the PinballX General area if you are not able to figure out what happened. When you do, please attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files (no copy & paste) for the team to review.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here i have GameEx running along side PinballX in a test rig and never had any conflicts.

@Draco1962 

On 2/26/2019 at 11:22 PM, Draco1962 said:

You may want ti orivide mire info about what pinsims you are running   <<< was this written with to much beer consumed ? lol

You will not be able to import your setup from PinballX to GameEx. Setting up GameEx is fairly easy. If you have a cab, running GameEx Arcade may be what you're looking for.

i knew what you meant but it made me titter ! ;)