All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx First run with no Mame Gamepad response

nalgman

Good Morning my Friends.

I have a weird GameEx Experience..  I can't find anywhere about this problem....  I hope you can help me with it.

I'm using GameEx Arcade (I love it because it's simple... and not that Fancy!! and will do the job )
But my main problem is when start windows .. I start GameEx and the only emulator that I have is Mame .197 . 

1-   After GameEx boot up for the first time it run super fast and fine... I select the game that I want to play and The game loads................  but without the gamepad controller . unresponsive.

2-     If I exit the existing game..... and I open the same game or another one..  the controllers will work just fine and every game after that... and the rest of the games.

3-  If I run mame without the frontend  for the first time after windows booted , Mame will boot just fine with the joystick /controller support... everything okay!!....     
If I close mame (without front end)   and I run GameEx and load a mame game... all the controllers will work just fine..

It seems that Mame needs to run once to get usb gamepad support....

I'm using an Dell OptiPlex 960 Core2 Quad at 2.88ghz

Please help.!!!!!!

Thank you Fellow ones!!

Seems we still gotta do this. Man, if Mame runs ok and how you want it, without GameEx, guess what - it will still run the same without GameEx and how you want it.  All GameEx does is provide a UI to Mame, (and many other emulators), so if MAME isn't working for you, GameEx didn't do it. You did. You need to figure out which commands you fluffed etc because GameEx didn't do it.

Hello My people

I just figured out how to make it work...

I'm using one SNES generic usb controller,   and a mayflash SNES to usb controller.  and none of these two works on the first time I run Gameex....

But.........  After trying and trying ... it seems that Gameex keeps in first place (on top)  when mame runs.. or something like that..but mame is displaying the game...

I  figured out that in order to the game pads start to work right... Mame need to run before GameEx in order to activate somehow the controller drivers...
and after that.. now I can boot up Gameex and select a game and play normally.

In order to avoid to do this every time I boot GameEX for the first time...  I had made a Batch file  with something like this

Batchfile.bat    
c:\mame\mame.exe -joy   kinst < I placed killer instinct because I don't have the working files to run it... this is only to force mame to run and exit>

I added the Batch file that I had created in to the Registry of Windows  <Run>

And every time that windows boots....  the batch file will run and GameEx will execute and all my games will have gamepad support...

somehow this works and was a pain in the butt since I came with this...

Thank you